Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Skyline
  • Carlos45
    Free Member

Any update on the conditions on Skyline – Handy Andy onwards – would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nipper99
    Free Member

all fine and open yesterday.

hugor
    Free Member

Went there today after hearing that everythings open and the diversions are still active 😕
    The trail is closed between waypoints 56 and 66 which is 4 sections of singletrack.
    The diversions lead to forest roads that would be better suited to mud wrestling than riding.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nipper telling porkies then.

Paul-j

same as hugor, went there today. still a good laugh tho. Mud did get every where.

cragrat73
    Free Member

rode it on saturday, one section would be better named ” The Bog of Doom “. might be a better option to do 2 short routes instead.

hugor
    Free Member

one section would be better named ” The Bog of Doom “

Yes I remember that section!
    [img]http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=205850&d=1310589054[/img]

Nipper99
    Free Member

Check the FC web site. I don’t think they have taken some of the diversion sign down – all the bits of singletrack are open, only handy andy sort of semi-open. Rode all the sections last sunday not sure why people seem to be having such a problem!

Nipper99
    Free Member

p.s. i was going to go for a spin round again this sunday if anyone wants to come along just prove all is open.

allthepies
    Free Member

So any diversion signs are bogus and the original “official” route is all open/ridable ?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Those photos sadden me, please tell me the rest of the Skyline isn’t as ****.

allthepies
    Free Member

Exactly, I can’t remember any of the “proper” skyline looking like that,

Nipper99
    Free Member

Look at the FC web site. See what is open and go ride. Its not that the signs are bogus I just dont think they have been taken down since other bits have been reopened.

allthepies
    Free Member

So do you mean that an amended version of Skyline is open (which includes diversions) or that the original (as appears on the printed maps) version (with no diversions) is fully open ?

If the former then yes, no one disputes that 🙂

hugor
    Free Member

Those photos were taken shortly after the diversion signs around Handy Andy.
    The diversions signs continue regularly until the start of Deadwood. Granada and everything up to that Handy Andy section was open.
    When I rode Skyine 2 months ago there were diversions around the early sections as well but these have been removed.
    There are brand new signs talking of a trail closure on the 17th July for some motor event.
    You trying to say they decided to leave the others there cause they forgot to remove them?

Nipper99
    Free Member

saying the above i recall some signs last w/e saying some parts of the forest roads would be closed on the 17th for a rally.

pdw
    Free Member

saying the above i recall some signs last w/e saying some parts of the forest roads would be closed on the 17th for a rally.

Skyline was mostly closed yesterday (16th) for a rally but there was FA signage about it in Glyncorrwg – all the signs there said fully open except a short section of Grand Canyon.

Got to post 17 and got sent on a diversion to post 66. Very annoying, having carefully checked the closure notices on both the website and at the centre. Still had a great time but was really hoping to do Skyline before it closes for good.

hugor
    Free Member

Nipper99

Look at the FC web site. See what is open and go ride. Its not that the signs are bogus I just dont think they have been taken down since other bits have been reopened.

pdw

Very annoying, having carefully checked the closure notices on both the website and at the centre. Still had a great time but was really hoping to do Skyline before it closes for good.

Agree the website states all is open as do the signs at Glyncorrwg but it looks very closed when you get to Handy Andy.

My understanding is that the wind farm plans have been held up somewhere and it is unlikely that skyline will close in the near future.

I’m going to wait for the FC to finish their work before attempting it again. Everything after that last diversion is rubbish riding particularly the Bog of Doom.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Skyline’ is closed to new replies.