Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sky+ vs V+
  • AdamT

I'm in the process of moving house so may look at changing my TV provider. Could anyone compare the non-HD Sky+ (which I currently have) with the V+ (HD only, no SD version). The V+ would work out as a cheaper option, but I know the Sky UI is really good.

(FWIW I spent the last 13 years doing electronics development in the broadcast/film industry so can be a bit picky about picture quality)

jon1973
    Free Member

I am a convert. Used to have Sky +. IMO the V+ interface is much better once you get used to it. Apart from the HD content, which Sky is much better for, V+ and all the on-demand, catch-up stuff is much, much better. Plus, what HD there is, is free and growing, slowly. Plus you can record 2 programs and watch a 3rd. I won't go back to Sky now.

Haribo
    Free Member

i would be staying with V+ if i could but i cant.

the record two watch one feature is awesome – as is te 40D, iplayer and catch up tv on demand.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

V+ is the nads for the money, except if you want the whole package, Sky have Virgin's, er, nads nailed to the floor for sports & movies, so It's much cheaper to go with Sky if they are important to you.
    As for the picture, I used to have Sky+ & now have the V+ running upscale (they all do) & it's night & day, V+ is streets ahead. I firmly believe sky have deliberately dumbed down the signal so people buy into HD, my brother has my old plasma 720p telly hooked up to sky+ & I never had the motion blur he is encountering, but it still looks sweet if the program was recorded in HD but only received through his 'normal' box, I rekon Sky are playing games, and to be honest so would I if I had put that much money into the technology.
    HTH.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

V+ all the way, but I do work for VM 😉

AdamT

Thanks for the info. FWIW I'm fairly sure my existing Sky+ will record 2 and playback a 3rd. I'm very tempted by the V+ though. I think one of my mates has it, so I'll pop 'round and have a look.

A.

jon1973
    Free Member

FWIW I'm fairly sure my existing Sky+ will record 2 and playback a 3rd

true, but with V+ you can record 2 and watch a 3rd live channel. You can't do that with Sky+.

petrieboy

had V+ a week here replacing sky+ and really like it – the iPlayer & 4OD access is brilliant as is the BBC HD content. standard def is much improved too, but that may be due to being connected by HDMI rather than a 10 meter long Scart!

grantway
    Free Member

Only six months in with Sky and feed up, they keep Cold calling
    all the time asking if we want more packages, and this is constant.

Also just had a letter through the door regarding usage of
    Broadband. We was lead to belive that unlimited is unlimited.
    The letter states if we want extra usage on Broadband we have
    to pay for it?
    I did reply and requested what they ment by unlimited Broadband
    and then the request for money. But no reply.

Also now they keep calling and asking if we want insurance on the set box incase it brakes down.
    They had no reply to, what about my statutory rights to and what its intended for, so if it does not work now or even 8 years down the line you Sky have to fix it.

Have to see what other peoples expirences are, and see whats the best
    provider to go with next.
    Wouldnt mind people in Europe pay a couple of quid a week for sky and other providers, some how in Rip me off Britain we have to pay a hell lot more for the same thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sky+ vs V+’ is closed to new replies.