• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sky TV offers – what's the best discount now offered?
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

They’ve asked me back with 60% off plus £75 credit (we’ve been gone a week or so)

Is that the best they now offer?

Drac

It’s the best I’ve heard of for along time.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

that’s good to know. They seem to have allowed me to combine it with the ‘free broadband for a year and Sky+ features’ if you keep using the box.

this needed me to actually leave for a couple of weeks and wait for the emails to come in afterwards.

FuzzyWuzzy

A mate had 60% discount + £100 credit about 4 months ago so you offer is probably the best you can expect. Make sure it doesn’t have a contract lock-in though

13thfloormonk

We’re now up to 60% off with £75 credit too.

Makes no sense for us as we’re hoping to move soon, don’t want to get tied into a contract so have gone NowTV, £20 for a box and 3 months free entertainment pass.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Makes no sense for us as we’re hoping to move soon

Minimal cost when you move – either a straight address transfer or, at worst, £60 for a new dish install.

FuzzyWuzzy

You shouldn’t be getting tied in anyway, although the broadband part may affect that (I don’t have mine with Sky). I didn’t bother holding out for the account credit so am just on 60% discount but it’s a rolling monthly contract so I can cancel at any time (discount lasts for 12 months). All the initial discount offers they give usually want to lock you in for 12 or 18 months, ignore all those.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the basic package is for a few more channels? And how much?. I’ve inherited all the gear ie sky+ box, but just using it as freesat box

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

To get any decent channels and get them in HD you need the £38 Family Pack. The next tier down gives you Sky Atlantic only in standard definition (and Sky Atlantic was the only pay channel we’ve found ourselves watching enough to worry about losing)

It’s interesting that Sky manage to cut off the HD version of channels that are free to air in SD (and free to air in HD on non-Sky Freesat) – ITV4, Film4 and some other Ch4 related channels. Crafty.

FuzzyWuzzy

Virgin do that to though

lambchop
    Free Member

Returning customer after using NowTV for a few months. £19 per month for Sky Sports and Original bundle.

NZCol

Having looked at our bill in ringing them to leave. Will report back what they offer.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Virgin media do similar?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Just signed up with Virgin for a year, the TIVO box is absolutely diabolical, it takes something like 10 seconds for My Programs (ie recorded programs) to appear, catch up services/netflix are beyond a joke – luckily we have multiple other ways of accessing these services. And the ap – blimey, :shakes head: :sucks teeth:

I wouldn’t even consider Virgin until they bring the new Tivo box out and even then I’d wait for the reviews

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

the TIVO box is absolutely diabolical, it takes something like 10 seconds for My Programs (ie recorded programs) to appear,

The Tivo menus are dogshit. The problem is rubbish VM software running on ageing tech. The live play/pausing is good, tho. I use my PS4 for all the streaming stuff, as it just blows the Tivo out the water.

Internet is rock solid, and the only real reason I stay with them.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I keep getting offered the 60% off with either £75 or £100 cash back – problem is I get a combination of letters, calls and e-mails on average two or three times a day – every day!!

Have e-mailed them today pleading with them to stop and got a polite response saying they will do so – we’ll see 🙄

rossco832

I am offered this 60% and £75 as well, slightly tempted to go back but not massively bothered.

13thfloormonk

Hmm, this just got interesting, now they’re offering free broadband for 12 months and 60% off any TV bundle.

Worth investigating, with the NOW TV box we could just take the cheapest bundle and save £17/month on the broadband…

Starting to enjoy seeing just how low they’ll go 8)

NZCol

Rang to cancel and got £70 quid a month off, fibre upgrade and 50 quid credit

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sky TV offers – what's the best discount now offered?’ is closed to new replies.