Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sky Ride
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Went along yesterday to the Skyride in London. A couple of observations:

– it is genuinely amazing how many people have bicycles
    – I have never seen so many accidents
    – roads congested with slow cyclists would drive me absolutely nuts

All good fun, and MrsDummy, who hardly ever rides her bike, enjoyed her quick pootle around very much.

Anyone else go?

BlobOnAStick

What's skyride?

Edit: oops! Just seen the link!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds great 😀 . We were there on Saturday and saw all the ads – wondered why Whitehall had been turned into a pedestrian area and then spotted the TOB and team cars and heard the helicopter overhead – wow, those guys are fast!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wanted to go, but couldn't due to family commitments.

Did previous ones & you summed up the event well!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was there. Very chilled afternoon. Too many people trying to squeeze through the streets though. Then again, surely that's a good thing….too many people riding bikes = LOTS of people riding bikes!

Lots of pratfalls, certainly. One seemed serious, jut westbound of Tower Hill. Closed the route for a while, so someone could be scraped in to the back of an ambulance. hope he's OK….

Bikespotting was great fun. Several other Enduro riders out there, which was nice. My top prize however, goes to a guy I saw on an Intense M3. With Hutch Python tyres (Yuk). With gold THE mudguards front and rear….and a Brooks saddle! Blingwrongness….

BigDummy
    Free Member

Did you see the chap with the life-size pedal-powered rhinocerous? That baffled me. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Missed that one! The chap on his pedal powered, sideways riding piano was pretty cool, though! As was the hot young lady in the pink bra….

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Was there with my gf.

On a bike for the first time in six years and very first time negotiating London traffic, on some rust bucket, rubbish heap of a bike we eventually managed to hire for her. 😯

Thought she did very well, though. :mrgreen:

Great fun! Never seen so many peeps on bikes…

Anybody visited the photo section of the website? Been trying to see pix of ourselves, but the site is either slow or crashes. I know that there must be 'millions' of people trying to do the same, but still… 👿

BigDummy
    Free Member

There may be 63,000 people trying to find themselves. I'd give it a day or two… 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sky Ride’ is closed to new replies.