Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sky Multiroom
  • DezB
    Free Member

Just ordered this – am I right in thinking I only need 1 aerial connection? and the box does the multiroom bit?

40mpg

They put a box in the other roomand cable from dish to box. You also need a phone line in the other room.

dave_aber
    Free Member

No.

You provide multiple rooms. Sky stick a box in each room. They provide you with 2 cards with the same package programmed on them.

You will need one lead from the dish to each sky box, or 2 from the dish to each Sky+ box (so possibly 4 in total if you have 2 Sky+ boxes).

The Sky LNBs have 4 outputs.

Both boxes need to be connected to a phone line, which is the same number (so they can check that you didn’t move the 2nd box to a mates house). The phone lines both need to stay connected ‘permamantly’.

In reality, as long as they are connected most of the time you won’t have an issue. One of mine went duff a couple of times, and I got a nice letter asking me to fix it.

If you just wanted to watch the same channel in 2 rooms at the same time, all the sky boxes have always been able to do this – RF2 output, run a cable, etc. If you want to watch different channels in 2 rooms, then you need multiroom.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm. Phone line in the other room will be a problem – they don’t tell you this!
    I suppose they will subcontract this to BT and charge £50 for an additional line…

STATO
    Free Member

Phone line in the other room will be a problem – they don’t tell you this!

they do, but you dont need to get BT involved, just run an extension from a phone socket.

DezB
    Free Member

All these wires draping through from the front room to the kitchen! Just so the wife can watch tv while shes washing up 😉

sslowpace
    Free Member

How about a cunning arangement of mirrors through the house to give your wife sky in the kitchen. Just watch out where she stands….. she may catch on 😉

BigJohn

We’ve got Virgin Cable in 1 room and a cheap freeview recorder box in the other. Freeview is the one we watch most now.

DezB
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member

We’ve got Virgin Cable in 1 room and a cheap freeview recorder box in the other. Freeview is the one we watch most now

I’d need an aerial for that though, wouldn’t I? (TV in the kitchen has built in Freeview)

Good idea sslowpace, but Tuesday evenings, I’d have to put up with the f%*!ing Apprentice.. 🙁

sslowpace
    Free Member

Sky are robbing beggars. They make my wife wait till wednesdays to watch the f%*!ing apprentice 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sky Multiroom’ is closed to new replies.