Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sky broadband, traffic management, awful connection speed and poor excuses
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is there any reason why, in this day and age, broadband speeds such as below are acceptable? I have just been moved to Sky from O2 (buyout) and this is the typical evening/weekend connection speed. Their only answer to this is ‘traffic management’, rather than ‘yes let us do something about it’. The first few days they did line tests and we got good speeds up to 4mbps even during the evening.

The broadband guy is going to do some of those generic line tests with me tomorrow; not holding much hope. I will be leaving Sky pretty prompty as I doubt this will be resolved.

tenfoot

My Sky Broadband never gets higher than 1 mbps and generally hovers between 0.5 – 1. We have complained a couple of times, and they did eventually supply us with a new router, but that didn’t make much difference. I have thought about changing Broadband supplier, but BT will only give us 2 mbps, max, and that is what Sky are supposed to be giving us.

Unfortunately we’re not in a cable area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sky broadband, traffic management, awful connection speed and poor excuses’ is closed to new replies.