Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sky broadband, HD and phone anygood?
  • bruneep

Currently with Zen, but the kids online playing is eating into my monthly 25gb allowance. So looking at an unlimited package the sky all in package seems good.

Added it up I can get the sky BB + HD + phone for only a £10 more a month.

So what is the sky BB like do they limit your speeds etc.

Ta

B

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Ours is good though we are on the middle package. we get close to the speed promised as well.

thehustler
    Free Member

for the most part good, however the wifi router they supply doesn't have the best range in the world and due to their security I am not allowed to swap it for the 'N' router sitting gathering dust at home…..

nickc

Yep, they do what they say when they say, customer service has been mostly OK, happy with ours

the_lecht_rocks

beware – the email is through their server and converts your email to @sky.com, but as long as you amend your reply to, it's not too bad.
    i love Sports in HD FWIW…….

tragically1969
    Free Member

for the most part good, however the wifi router they supply doesn't have the best range in the world and due to their security I am not allowed to swap it for the 'N' router sitting gathering dust at home…..

You could try this:

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Or this

http://philbridges.com/?p=42

I have my own Netgear router running on Sky broadband instead of their crippled one.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I found Sky HD to be very underwhelming in terms of the difference in picture quality. It's better but not so much better that it makes the expense worthwhile. However I was suprised that normal tv looks a lot better on this screen than on a normal screen (was expecting the opposite)

spacemonkey

One of my ex colleagues had Sky BB and he said it was pants in terms of stability and customer service.

I'm with Zen who have been brilliant. Can't you upgrade your limit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sky broadband, HD and phone anygood?’ is closed to new replies.