Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sky broadband
  • CheesybeanZ

We haven’t had a sky package for a few years now and never had thier broadband , anyone use the normal non fibre connection ? Only 2 of us in the house so no vast demands on data streaming . we’ve currently got Bt Infinity which compared to the free Orange broadband we had before is like night and day .the sales chap assures me that the way Sky don’t restrict usage/speeds at peak times means we wont notice the switch to a standard line ??

the-muffin-man

If you already have fibre I wouldn’t downgrade – unless they can offer 8mb+ as standard you will notice a difference. And there are fibre deals out there for similar prices to standard broadband.

At the very least call BT and ask for their loyalty team and see what they can do in a ‘I’m looking for a new deal what can you offer’ type call.

breadcrumb

The automated call centre drives me mad, probably with having to ring them so often. 🙁

Plus side it’s a UK call centre.

The connection was reliable until a recent “upgrade”. It’s pish now, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Make sure on the phone or live chat is better (you get through to someone from India they are desperate for new sign ups) that you are unsure about signing up because things are tight with the bills yadyadyada. Tell them you really want to join but need a big discount and tour friend told you they had a 70% discount in the packages. That’s what I did and got 60% off. I’ve got the the full entertainment package and sky movies for 12 months for £18.80. I’ve had the basic broadband from them and it was good but I got a wicked deal on fibre from talktalk for 18 months just paying line rental. They have terrible customer service though an absolute nightmare.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sky broadband’ is closed to new replies.