Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sky+ boxs, a bit naff?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Ive only had Sky since start of the week and nearly every day Ive used it, Ive had to restart the Sky+ box. Tonight, anything I tryed to download on catchup would fail. So I unplugged it, plugged it back in, just the amber light. Nothing. Tried doing the soft reset, thats done nothing. Are these boxs just a bit sh*t? Anyone else have so much trouble?

CountZero

Nope. Mine will lock up every once in a while, perhaps every five or six months or so, which requires a card out/unplug reboot, but fine otherwise.
    Looks like yours may be a duff one. Mine’s a few years old now, probably a different model.

nealglover
    Free Member

Had a few different models over the years and they have all been fine really. Just the odd reset every once in a while.

DezB
    Free Member

Hardly ever had to reset. I don’t bother with the on-demand stuff- hd downloads take forever.

pk13

Get the engineer back? Do a software download?

Catchup needs a min of 2 meg for reliable streaming.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Get them in to sort it. The boxes are pretty darn reliable IME.
    Last box was going strong after 7+ years.

Is your BB connection / line defo ok?

lazybones
    Free Member

Is it going through a av receiver or amp?

dooge
    Free Member

Sounds like I have a duffer! Ill ring Sky tomorrow and I dont doubt they will exchange it without an issue. Ive done the software update, let it do its thing, given it some time but its just the amber light.

I did a speedtest on my phone through the wifi, getting a steady 7-8mb so should be enough and I was told to wait til it gets to 10-15% downloaded before starting to watch anyway and Id choose normal quality, not HD stuff as its 2GB per 45 mins!

Thanks for all the replies.

scotroutes

Had ours a year now and it’s just an anonymous box under the telly. Never had to look at it from the day it was installed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sky+ boxs, a bit naff?’ is closed to new replies.