Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sky box/iPlayer weirdness
  • BlobOnAStick

I finally got my Sky HD box connected to my WiFi using a netgear gizmo from Maplin, but we’re having a few problems (I’m not sure they’re related to the wifi set up to be honest, but I thought I’d mention it)

If I go to the catch-up sectIon and select a program to download so that I can watch it, it will download something but it will often be a completely different program to the one the box says it is. An example; my wife wished to watch ‘Call the Midwife’ and selected it. The box spent quite some it downloading it, but when we go to watch it we get (against the standard definition version) the comic relief bake-off and (against the hd version) we get Terry Pratchett’s Hogfather- not even the same channel!!!!! Both program’s are on the box however and were downloaded successfully in order to watch them.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

lipseal
    Free Member

I use an ethernet cable, try one of them.

BlobOnAStick

Not really an option lipseal, router is 3 rooms away. I’m not sure the wifi link is the problem TBH

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Can you control the TV with the Sky+ App?

Is the software up to date on both devices?

Can you download an watch On Demand programs acceptably using the sky remote?

Hogfather sounds like one of the shows they pushed to the box on the first versions of On demand to show off it’s wizardry….

could, with the greatest of respect, your wife actually have downloaded bake off? on purpose?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Never had that issue before but I connect my sky box to out Internet via a power plug and Ethernet cable, works a treat.

BlobOnAStick

Dunno about the Sky+ app etc, I’ll investigate, ta.

Both the Bake-off and Hogfather have been downloaded for viewing, it’s almost as though the box has got confused and labelled them incorrectly. When I choose to watch these two programs from the planner they play no problem and are correct, but if I choose Call the midwife I get the wrong programme, on both the HD and the normal version. This isn’t the only issue we’ve had, just one of about half a dozen so far, and given we don’t use it much I’d say it was quite unreliable.

Ho hum.

unovolo
    Free Member

Sounds like the box is not updating the data for the TV guide/planner etc correctly.
    I would do a forced download on the box to make sure its running the latest available software and see if that makes any difference.

Since the updated TV guide was released late last year there have been lots of little niggles in the firmware for the boxes which are slowly being ironed out.

The fact it will download a program via catch up suggests that the internet/wifi connection is not the issue rather the data being used on the box.

BlobOnAStick

Great! Thanks for the tip, I’ll take a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sky box/iPlayer weirdness’ is closed to new replies.