Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • sky box replacement
  • paladin

Decided to get rid of sky TV and replace with free view and Netflix. Also need the ability to record so looking at some kind of digi recording box which can also access Netflix. Would be good if it had an output to other TVs in the house, and some way to control the box from other rooms ( like the sky magic eye).
    Anyone got such a setup and can advise on kit? I’m lost 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Netflix is an on-demand streaming service, you don’t record it.

I’d like to get rid of the Sky box but ‘er indoors reckons we can’t do without it for the kids.

🙁

paladin

Nah, don’t want to record Netflix, just watch it. Its all the crap that’s on bbc1 and itv between 7pm and 9 that needs recorded

tinribz
    Free Member

Freeview+ box and chromecast, will pay for themselves in under a year.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Some new TV sets have built in satellite tuners.

Can’t control in other rooms but if you need a new TV get one with a satellite tuner!

unovolo
    Free Member

Youview has a built in Netflix app along with all the other catchup tv services(And Sky go/Now TV)

Or take your pic of any freeview recorder and get a Roku box for the Netflix which can also be controlled via a app of your mobi.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chromecast in all the TV’s for netflix

TiRed

Been very pleased with my Samsung freesat recorder. Previously had a humax that died following a pushed software update. Last humax product I will buy. Apple TV for netflix. Plenty of other options too

But the Samsung is very good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have a cheap Freesat box (uses same Sat receiver as Sky) and Apple TV (now £59 from £99 a year or two ago). If we bought again I would not get the cheapest Freesat as it’s a bit rubbish. You can get ones with recorders but we watch mainly iPlayer catch up or stuff downloaded to computer/streamed from iPhone/iPad/AppleTV. If we weren’t Apple based the Chromecast is hard to beat price/functionality wise.

loddrik
    Free Member

No way the wife will give up the sky box due to Sky Atlantic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘sky box replacement’ is closed to new replies.