Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sky Box (OnDemand, Smart search, etc.) since box update…anybody else?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suppose, like most folk these days, we hardly watch any “live TV” so use the search function quite a bit to find the OnDemand stuff, blah blah blah.

Only thing is that it’s almost unusable in the evenings with a “connection to broadband may be limited at this time” message. I can’t remember for sure, but I’m sure this has started happening since the latest upgrade to the box software. Just trying it now, it’s fault free, and is working nice and quickly, but later this evening I’m sure it’ll just be the same PITA again. So I guess, it’s a contention ratio thing yes?

Anybody had something similar and got Sky to do anything to sort them out? I’ve done all the reset router, wireless bridge…except for the dreaded planner rebuild, as a) there’s stuff on there I don’t want to lose and b) I’m pretty sure it won’t do anything to fix what seems like a “too many people in my neighbourhood using Sky” thing. (I’ll be giving Sky a call at some stage, but just wondering if anybody has had anything similar since the new update.)

lerk
    Free Member

No problems with mine… Are you 100% certain your BB is ok?
    I’m thinking BB bandwidth restrictions myself, who is your ISP and what package are you on?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BB is fine (AFAIK) – we’ve got the lot from Sky – phone, BB (not fibre) and TV. Everything else connected to BB works just fine (can stream on tablet, or download an OD program from other menus if I can get to it 🙂 ). I’m half wondering whether I should take a punt on one of the deals BT are offering for their fibre things.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thehustler
    Free Member

DD you can get fibre from sky too, tell them you are thinking of going to BT and the will ‘do something’ with the price

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I might try that hustler. Just a case of steeling myself for the call. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sky Box (OnDemand, Smart search, etc.) since box update…anybody else?’ is closed to new replies.