Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sky Anytime +
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I see Sky Anytime + is available from any ISP now, but Sky want £60 for a wireless router and I’m not running ethernet cable all round the house.
    What other (cheaper) solutions are there?

portlyone

They make you buy their router?

Drac

They sell a wireless device to connect to the sky box.

There’s these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wifi-Bridge-Make-Sky-HD-box-wireless-sky-anytime-/200565036623

I don’t have one but tempted.

Cougar

I don’t understand the question. You want to connect a Sky box to the Internet? Or a computer to the TV?

Drac

Sky Box to the internet is my guess as Anytime works through the internet.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Power plug would be your best bet – Uses your home wiring to create a network That’s what I’ve got my sky box plugged into and it works a great. I bought a pair of tp link ones from amazon for £35. They really do work very well.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The pebblebeach option is looking best at the moment.

z1ppy

+1 to Pebblebeach, though I ran a cable round the room last night and got excited about it… only to find there still nothing on sky Anytime that I want to watch…

FFS sky you must be able to see what I’m recording (if they wanted), why can’t you try putting some content on Anytime I’d actually be interested in?

griffster
    Free Member

+1 for Powerline adaptors. I install these all the time for customers wanting internet connectivity where running cables isn’t possible.

Linkie-poos:-

andyfla
    Free Member

You don’t need sky broadband to have sky anytime + – we are using it over virgin on a pc

dogbert
    Free Member

Hang on, are you just being told a load of Sky flannel.

I called them tonight to add Anytime+ and the guy on the phone told me i needed to sign up onlibe then i would be told sometime in the distant future about software updates because my box wasn’t up to date enough…….i asked him that my box must travel through time because it was able to use Anytime+,when i had Sky bb. After being put on hold for a minute he came back and sheepishly told me it was now available.

Having worked for Sky, they will tell you any old crap

Drac

OP has said he knows it’s available on any ISP, he’s after ways to connect his box to his router.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sky Anytime +’ is closed to new replies.