Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SKS race blade long – are spare blades available?
  • Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’ve lost the little front blade, which has effectively turned my front wheel into a mobile water feature…the resulting spray, lit rather beautifully by my front light, now arcs perfectly into my crotch. This has put me off commuting somewhat 😀

Is there a UK supplier of spares (I could do with some short fixing brackets too), I’ve not managed to find anything via google…or do I have to go to SKS direct?

Ta,

kilo

This has happened to mine to and is a real pita, I was toying with seeing if the sghort rear section will fit. Bit of a design fault if the front is prone to being spat off if it brushes the wheel. Quick google suggest Maddison are uk reps

alantitanic
    Free Member

I emailed SKS direct and they sent two replacement front blades free of charge as I lost mine somewhere in the garage, you cant get them as spares. They were very helpful and quick in getting them sent out, great service.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

The short rear will fit, same mounting brackets and all…I was pondering the same last night. the spray should be less of an issue with this removed because the main rear guard extends further over the top of the tyre.

Agreed that the design/fit could do with some work, mine always wobbled a fair bit…clearly wobbled itself loose! Not to self: check tightness of brake allen bolts more frequently!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

sounds promising…I’ll email SKS

cheers

alantitanic
    Free Member
    kilo

Cheers Alantitanic

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’ve messaged them via the website, will let you know how i get on.

cheers Alan

alantitanic
    Free Member

You can get spare fixing brackets for the QR and blades, my LBS sorted them out for me from Madison, got a bag of the QR fixings for a couple of quid.

kilo

SKS sent an e mail, this morning, saying they would send me the part for free.Good customer service, as an aside Maddison were very helpful but are (or about to be) no longer the UK reps for SKS; Zyro.co.uk will be.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SKS race blade long – are spare blades available?’ is closed to new replies.