Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SKS Bluemel Mudguard – Help Please
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Hello, regarding a black SKS Bluemel 700cc Narrow front guard:

Good – Does anyone know if you can get such a thing individually, as opposed to in a front/rear pair?
    Better – Does anyone know where from?
    Best – Does anyone have a spare one knocking about they want to sell?

Evans helpfully modified my previous one so it just about fitted my previous fork but now does not fit my new fork.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just in case…

wwaswas

you can get new mount sets but not sure you can get the actual blades individually.

St John Street Cycles is probably a good place to call to find out for sure, though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ojom
    Free Member

Not seen them individually on any supplier list I am afraid.

You may need to go for the pair and keep the rear as spare.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Out of interest why does it not fit your fork?

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice one, cheers all. it doesn't fit cos evans swapped the fork over when i didn't have time/space. they fitted the front guard to the mount halfway up the fork leg, despite there being a suitable one at the bottom as before, and in doing so chopped the mount strut thingy off, meaning it gradually broke the guard and now doesn't fit in the same way as before. hence obsolete.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ah right, I didn't know if you could salvage it with spares or if it was totally fubar.

rootes1

you can get spare mounting kit but not spare guards themselves..

v annoying…

I would get evans to get hold of one for you for doing a crap job

MisterT

consider ditching Bluemels and moving over to RoadRacer Mk2 guards – I've done so and havn't looked back.
    The Mk2 is the long (full coverage) version and the added bonus is the fact the rear guard protects your front mech/chainset area from most of the crud.
    imo way better than my previous fave of Bluemels Olympic guards.

rootes1

the fact the rear guard protects your front mech/chainset area from most of the crud.
    imo way better than my previous fave of Bluemels Olympic guards.

better than full sks normal guards?

MisterT

yes.. way better.

rootes1

yes.. way better.

why? not being an arse just interested.

i like my SKS chromoplastic narrow guards on my road bike, can’t see how you could get any more coverage

robdob
    Free Member

RoadRacers wouldn’t be good on a bike with room for full ‘guards like SKS’s, they rely on the close frame clearances for the zip ties to mount onto. You could rig something to fit them I suppose but as the SKS are cheaper I can’t see the point. RoadRacers no good on tyres bigger than 25c anyway (and thats a tight fit and doesn’t work with some 25c tyres).
    And I love the RoadRacer guards too, got a pair myself but they wouldn’t work on my new Tricross.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SKS Bluemel Mudguard – Help Please’ is closed to new replies.