Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Skoda variable partition boot system and fork mounts
  • hunta

Picking up a Skoda Superb estate on Saturday with the variable boot system.

Seeing that nice bar across the back there (which slides for and aft) I’m thinking:

plus

for bikes with through-axles.

Has anyone done this already, or see any issues with my cunning plan?

jimc101
    Free Member

Skoda make an internal bike mount, which is OK (been using it for 2 years now in a Roomster), and mounts the bikes (front wheel off) length ways, which would probably give you more space than having the bike mounted diagonally.

weeksy

watching this with great interest… would be superb to find a way to mount the 15mm axle in my new CR-V.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not sure if you can use the bar on the variable mount, even if you could get an attachment does it go far enough into the boot space? The Skoda mounts mentioned above screw into the floor quite far in. In the end they looked a faff so I just bought a bootliner and lie my bikes flat in the boot with passenger seats down (2 is easy in an Octavia and the Superb has a bigger boot area still). How many bikes/people are you looking to transport?

bri-72

Internal Height might be an issue I’d guess

hunta

I agree that height might scupper the whole idea, but given the existence and pictorial evidence of the Skoda rack I’m hoping it won’t be the limiting factor.

Looking to get 2 bikes in easily with rear seats down if need be. Think a third would have to go head to toe in between so don’t think that would work, but would be ideal.

Pembo
    Free Member

I got a boot liner for my superb estate which meant I had to take out the divider and lash mounts. Make sure you get a liner with the extra piece that drops down over the bumper.

pjm84
    Free Member

Have the same in the Volvo I’m picking up on Saturday.

A few years ago Volvo used to sell an internal rack system but strangely seems no longer available. If I remember rightly the max height was 740mm and considering I run an 815mm saddle to BB height I thought the system restrictive. Also a little tight with a 29er.

cakefacesmallblock

Enjoy your new car. I got one about 3 months ago, didn’t have the slidy boot thing as I wanted the open cubby holes either side to put boots in and gain a little more height. Ihaven’t tried bikes minus wheels upright yet, but top n toed two in the boot with old pillows between them and still been able to pull the boot cover thing across ok.
    To be honest they are an astonishingly good car all round, well surprised.
    Only gripe is the rear bumper design, sit on the back to put on your boots and if it’s at all wet, you’ll soak up all the water which hangs in the top of the bumper !

andyl
    Free Member

if you need to mount the fork mount further towards the outside then make a flat plate that attaches to the skoda floor rail and then attach the fork mount offset.

Failing that have a strip that runs from one floor mount to the other across the back with a pair of mounts on and have the bikes running lengthways.

For width I have to take both wheels off in a 306 estate – is the Superb that much wider you can leave the back wheel on and have wdth ways? I did consider making a frame that you secure both front and rear drop outs into and have the bike sideways and then have a wheel mount to secure the wheels or just stick them in wheel bags.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Skoda variable partition boot system and fork mounts’ is closed to new replies.