• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nico.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skoda Service / Inspection Q
  • cb

Anyone know what the difference between the two statements shown on the dashboard are?

We have “oil service due in 7000 miles” – That one I get.

But also “inspection due in 5 days”.

What would the inspection relate to?

For background, just less than 2 years old and I understand the car to be on a variable service timing rather than a designated yearly requirement.

Cheers

cheers_drive

Inspection every 2 years, oil service according to use?

milky1980
    Free Member

My Fabia was on the variable service schedule, switched it to the fixed as I didn’t like the look of the oil by the time the countdown started. Runs a lot smoother between services and as I plan to keep it a long time I’m happier doing it more regularly.

Inspection is time-based, the oil is based on mileage and use. Whichever one comes first is when to do your service.

Rich_s

2 years old and not seen a dealer yet? Blimey.

Also, I thought variable service on VAG cars was for high mileage motorway running. That’s certainly the case on my golf. If you’re doing 6k a year you should maybe think about fixed intervals.

slackboy

I assume you’ve done about 11,000 miles in two years then?

VAG variable servicing is every two years OR around 18,000 miles, whichever is soonest.

cb

Ok thanks for the replies.

It was late when I posted so didn’t explain myself fully. There’s a selfish element here.

Its a two year lease deal on a supposdely new car. We’re handing the car back a week or so earlier than the end of the two year deal (due to holiday rather than design).

We have done 11k in the period we’ve had the car but have no vested interest in servicing more regularly. With the oil service not due for 7000 miles my question really related to the “inspection” element.

Firstly, is that the same thing as the oil service? Answers so far seem to confirm that it is. Just using different termninology to differentiate between the fixed and variable options?

Secondly, if the requirement is every two years can we argue that this should relate to two years of ownership (lease in this case)? We had to wait for the car to arrive from the factory so it should have been with us pretty quickly – the countdown we have suggests 5 weeks before we took possesion of the car.

There’s no specific reference to this in the docs of course…

Nico
    Free Member

Firstly, is that the same thing as the oil service? Answers so far seem to confirm that it is.

No. Inspection is just that. Have a look round for any problems – brakes, leaks, suspension problems etc. It’s set at every two years but could just as easily be every year or whenever. The oil service is a bit more calculated based on how long Skoda think it takes for the oil to degrade, filters to clog etc. Whether you have to have the inspection service inside the two years as part of your lease deal I’ve no idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Service / Inspection Q’ is closed to new replies.