Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Skoda Octavia Remote Key Fob reprogramming
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

My son has recently bought a Skoda Octavia ( 55 plate ) and neither remote key fobs were working ( flat batteries in both! )

I can find instructions online to reprogram a key fob when you have another one that works….. but not when neither are working!

Do any of our STWSkodaVWWorld people have any ideas or links for how to???

m0rk
    Free Member

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html

You need access to someone with VCDS… which I have if you’re around Portsmouth area

Get him on Briskoda & put a request in for beer money (most people do it for free/karma)

CountZero

I was wondering about the batteries in VAG/Skoda keyfobs; my Octy is a 51 plate, and both keyfobs are working fine, never had the batteries replaced since I’ve had it, and that’s been around ten years.
    I was even beginning to wonder if they even had batteries in, instead using some sort of piezoelectric system.

jambalaya
    Free Member

CountZero batteries in my keys lasted 7 years (not Skoda fyi). When they needed changing we did have to re-sync but one was working, changed batteries in both but one worked and one didn’t. The garage did the sync for free

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Octavia Remote Key Fob reprogramming’ is closed to new replies.