Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Skoda Octavia owers HELP!!
  • Irish_AL
    Free Member

Now I have a Skoda Octavia estate, its BIG, well bigish, its BRIGHT RED and it suits me. Fit’s me and the kids with our bikes and all the camping gear in the back and still has plenty of room for long comfortable trips out and about. In the nearly 3 years I have owned it has missed a beat. However more recently I have notice a major issue.
    Driver’s drive out in front of me(mainly nissan micra owners and in particular purple ones) those on the footpath walk out in front of me and even the odd cyclist has decided to ride out in front of me. Now I am aware that those of the Ipod generation are protected by the built in deflector shield which apple have installed in all of their ipods and even mobile phones have a certain level of shielding….but the question is were in the name of Frack is the CLOAKING button on the dash board of the Octavia so I can switch it of making the big bright red moving hunk of metal visible to other road and footpath users?

willard

Is it a new one? If so, did you not pay for the optional anti-Apple package that includes a proximity activated air horn and 1000w omni-directional strobe?

Cougar

Seems you’ve accidentally bought a Kawasaki Octavia instead.

bigsurfer
    Free Member
    Irish_AL
    Free Member

its not a new one, in fact its an ex rozzer car, maybe this is some sort of stealth thing the rozzers installed aftermarket for sneaking up on blaggards and other such pond life and forgot to disconnect before selling it on?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

bigsurfer, i do have such a garment, but dont think its powers are stong enough to cloak both myself and the car, i may be wrong and will look into it cheers for the heads up lol

poly
    Free Member

We don’t have an Octavia, but have had a number of cars which developed similar faults. However some trials suggest it is probably wired into this switch
    and if you put that in the straight up position, even in daylight, it cancels the fault you have discovered. It was however invented before the iPhone and therefore is unable to counteract person controlled from a central server in california!

willard

FYI, I have to have side lights on during the day in my Vauxhall. Not because people can’t see a large, rusty 4×4, but because otherwise the dials on the dash don’t work.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You do know that for every person mown down, you get points? And points mean prizes!

tonyg2003

What you need is some retina burning DRL. Nobody will let you out of a turning again 🙂

Irish_AL
    Free Member

its just happened again, a gentleman parks (double i might add) several yards in front of me, so I use my orange communication devise to advise him I will be going round him, what does he do waits until I am a few feet away and uses his exit devise just missing my cloaked front headlamp and proceeds to glare a me as my cloaking device fails in that instant.

fatmax

should have paid a tad more for an Audi…

PePPeR

My wife drives a tiny little Mk1 Renault Twingo and was getting this problem all the time, I switched her foglights over so they came on with the ignition and she’s had far less problems since then.

She’s had a couple of sarcastic comments about them being on, but she normally replies ‘oh you did seen me then’ 😉

With the new rules about driving lights coming in over the next few years, I think Audi have started putting daylight running lights on all their cars already, then no will tell the difference between a set of foglights or driving lights, but people will be noticed more!

Although on the other hand with everyone having lights on, I do wonder whether the SMIDSY brigade will be worse for the motorbikes and cycles?

ivantate
    Free Member

Skodas are now driven by the ‘Rover/Volvo’ brigade and therefore are not only driven badly but also slowly. This means they will give way or not even arrive by the time you have crossed the road.

trail_rat
    Free Member

there is some correlation – the bigger and importantly the rustier your vehicle is … the wider berth it gets …..

on my way home i regularly get people trying to sneak up in the blind spot on my van to get past me coming off round abouts etc – completely unaware i cannot see them. Big rusty land rover – i get all the road to me self and everyone slows down soon as i indicate 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Octavia owers HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.