Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi – powerful enough?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Just got the Laurin klement 2.0TDI – Brilliant Car. Streets ahead of the Volvo V50 2.0TDI it replaces. As MrMichealWright eludes to, the power delivery is the key to the refinement of the car. My V50 was in the same area as the 130, all the torque gets delivered in one usless chunk of wheelspin and torque steer, and then you are left wanting.

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips, yes but look at what you are saying – the 1.9 diesel had the same performance as a 1.4 petrol. It’s horses for courses – some prefer the feel of diesel, others petrol. Always petrol for me.

Yes, I knew that’s what I was saying. I was just explaining the difference between torque and power. As we all know, you need to use the gearbox differently to maximise performance. But still, same performance, more fun (torque = fun in any car) and 30% more fuel economy is hard to beat.

martinxyz
    Free Member

105 should go to 150bhp with a map LOL. next you`ll be telling us that the torque really does go up around 25-30% too (this bit isnt aimed at you, molgrips). dont believe what they say as its way over the top in most cases.
    they arent spending time on the map,its a set map thats used for each make/model.superchips etc would be charging a lot more than 350ish quid for a 3-5 hour session if they were mapping the car as well as possible and guess what? they arent. its all very well saying “check out what we got out of this car after doing so and so” but what the hell is the whole power curve looking like? how efficient is it elsewhere other than around max revs?

buy good tyres with the money,more frequent oil changes/filter changes and dont let these folk twiddle around boosting power etc to gain whatever.. the 1.9 tdi in 90bhp or 105/110 could go on and on for years if its left alone.

do you turn the bass, treble etc up to the max on the hifi to get the most out of it?

lol.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi – powerful enough?’ is closed to new replies.