Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skipton – weekday free parking suggestions
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Our office is moving to Skipton (near Morrison’s), so I’m already looking at increased travel time and fuel costs.

Any suggestions for free on-street parking (with minimal walking) on the west side of town.

chestrockwell

There’s loads as we have no silly disc parking zones or the like. I take it you’re moving to the council offices?

Plenty of streets down broughton rd and loads of people park in the streets off sackvile St. Don’t expect the locals to be your best mate though!

chestrockwell

What about the train? Station is right by your office.

afkt
    Free Member

nothing more annoying than the bumders parking down the street during the day, especially on market day (i.e. every other day in Skipton). +1 on the train, or cycle commute?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Ta for the suggestions.

The train is really not an option though 🙂

bainbrge

I was about to say there’s always the bus, but having looked on google maps it takes twice as long as driving…cycle!

chestrockwell

If you’re coming from colne park on rockwood, they’ll love that!

I used to live on romille street in the centre of town and just accepted people were going to park outside my house. It used to really get up my fiancées nose though.

Maybe worth asking one of the boozers like the cross keys. They have plenty of room so might give decent rates. They might tell you to do one mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skipton – weekday free parking suggestions’ is closed to new replies.