Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skipping as an exercise
  • SaxonRider

So I’ve been skipping outside and competing with one of my kids for endurance, and after only a short time, I feel absolutely winded and my calves are sore.

Does anyone on here skip as a form of exercise? If so, do you do it like circuit training or endurance or what?

It seems brilliant.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No, but if I did I’d probably build up really slowly. Looks like a fine way to develop achilles problems!

toby1

Only for a minute at a time as part of circuits, it’s one of the most physically demanding things. 5 minutes and I’d be a sweaty wreck!

footflaps

Double Unders are big in the Cross Fit scene

A Ridiculously Awesome, yet brief, Guide to Double Unders

sc-xc

We skip, 3×3 minute rounds at varied pace.

I was rubbish when I started, but now when I do it (I my head) I look like a boxer.

I read something years ago, which was in Men’s Health so total bullshit…10 mins skipping = 30 minutes running = 60 minutes cycling

I do now that after a few minutes skipping, every part of me feels like it has had a good workout.

Get a decent speed rope. Obviously mine has carbon fibre handles and the rope is 2.75mm thick.

SaxonRider

As with most things ‘Men’s Health’, I would take it with a grain of salt, but can anyone on here say what the reality would be?

I like to think that what is written in MH is at least broadly connected to Earth-based reality.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I do a variety of stuff at the leisure centre over winter. Thirty minute skipping sessions are hard, I think I sweat even more than in the spin classes. Don’t bounce on your toes too much or you will hurt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skipping as an exercise’ is closed to new replies.