Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Skins Recovery?
  • clowner
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of the skins recovery compression tights?

singletracksurfer

yes. helps me (stops twitchy legs at night) after big rides and feel nicer the next morning.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Definitely help. I have the normal compression skins but where them a lot after big rides and football – legs are much better the next day.

flange100
    Free Member

used them on the trans wales last year , wore them when got back each day all night and felt great next day

spoon
    Free Member

I have to say, I picked up some the active tights in a sale and… they actually seem to work.

I was very (very) skeptical… i read this blog which has some real research in it

http://www.joefrielsblog.com/2011/02/an-update-on-compression-clothing.html

But, I ran 8km and 10km Tuesday and Wednesday – wore them while I ran and for about 2 hours after and… I have no leg pain in the morning. nothing.

I run a bit 40km a week probably and usually do a 10km in 50mins-60mins so I’m no professional.

Normally I’d expect to have stiff legs but on both days, nothing. Feels like I haven’t run.

Not sure if its running with them during or after, but they seem to be doing something.

wwaswas

I wear the shorts whilst riding and haven’t had cramp on long rides since I started – used to get it fairly regularly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Use the recovery tights after skiing and long rides.

Always find it odd after a long day skiing to find myself in a bar, in my trews, with kinky lycra on underneath but they do work!

spoon
    Free Member

I’m still skeptical, I’ll give it a week and also try a run in my old running tights – Annoying though, going to have to get rid of all my old running tights and get expensive stuff. damn it.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Some interesting insights there might have to get myself a pair.

Will I have to get actual Skins or are there cheaper options that work ??

wwaswas

my local Aldi were selling some for £14 (top and bottoms) but there are loads of different brands doing them.

one thing – if you’re doign a UCI sanctioned race then they’re banned 😉

dharmstrong
    Free Member

I was sceptical as well, bought some 2XU tights and use them riding. Massive difference, little or no soreness in legs that evening or the next day. Make a real difference. I think they don’t let you over strain the muscle which prevents the soreness.

jojoA1
    Free Member

You don’t have to buy lots of pairs so you can wear them to actually run/ride in. I’ve found them just as good if I wear them for the night after a ride/race.
    A word of warning though. A couple of times after 24hr/10hr races, I’ve worn full body compression kit during the night and woken up with the most outrageously puffy face/eyes. Seriously, almost unable to open my eyes they’re so puffed with fluid. No sore legs/arms/abs though… Not sure what the physiological processes are, but they’re doing something!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. i bought these

http://www.maxgear.co.uk/CompressionClothing/MAXCompressionTights.html

£30

When i cycled London to barcelnoa last year. Tried with and without and (not sure if it’s psychological but my legs felt fresher the next day when i had used them.

(also used them after kielder 100)

Not sure about the negative ion technology but they’re cheaper than skins/2xu

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

yes, i love them and swear by them for aid recovery.

spoon
    Free Member

Last years models are cheaper at the moment as they’ve just released the skins A400 or whatever

http://www.compressyourself.com/skins-compression-clothing.html

I’m not sure if wearing them after or during exercise is the best

I’m amazed it seems to make a difference – Going to try a similar length run in my normal running tights and I’ll report back.

lipseal
    Free Member

Was this you jojoA1

jojoA1
    Free Member

Lipseal, the head is a pretty good likeness to me those mornings….!
    I reckon it was fluid retention from being dehydrated and the fluid had nowhere else to go that wasn’t under compression other than my face!

wwaswas

lipseal – so where do you put the rim strip if you want to run that tubeless?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Skins Recovery?’ is closed to new replies.