Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Skins or 2XU bibshorts??
  • bigdawg
    Free Member

Looking for compression bibshorts for racing this year and the above I seem to be able to get for similar prices – is there any real difference between the two or just the names on the bums…??

Did a search on here but not a lot came up…

sam_underhill

I’ve not tried 2XU, but my skins shorts are lovely. I’m going to buy another pair.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I use Skins and really rate them. The padding is really good too and I’d say the padding is better than some more bike specific brands I’ve used. Quality is top notch but at these prices you’d expect that – although I get them for free 😮

Can’t comment on the 2XU

bigdawg
    Free Member

the skins shorts you’re using are these C400’s or the black with yellow stiching??

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Neither if its an event run under UCI rules, as compression clothing is banned, (and remember the correct sock length as well) 😯

bigdawg
    Free Member

seriously – why’s that ???

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Because the UCI is utterly mad, however those are the rules.

“It is forbidden to wear items designed to influence the performances of a rider such as reducing air resistance or modifying the body of the rider(compression, stretching, support)”

link

bigdawg
    Free Member

that has got to be one of the dumbest things the UCI has ever written, and badly written at that -the way thats written women can’t wear bras!?!?!?!

In fact wearing your shorts a size smaller would be banned too!

I guess the national xc series falls under the remit of the UCI…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The national series would count as there are UCI points available for Elite’s. Hence the top ten being made up of various nations a few weeks ago.

How the hell race officials will check the Sport and other cat riders I’ve no idea. Still easier than the poor officials running TT races.

bigdawg
    Free Member

Jeez some of those time trial rules are all but unenforcible

sam_underhill

C400s in answer to the OP.

bigdawg
    Free Member

Looks like Ill give the skins a try – had a word with a few people, doesnt look like the ‘rules’ will be enforced to any major degree so even in the nationals unless I suddenly become the fastest rider in Essex Ill be safe!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the way thats written women can’t wear bras!?!?!?!

why is that ruling dumb?

FuzzyWuzzy

And why is inspecting a problem?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

And why is inspecting a problem?

I suppose that bras that didn’t compress would not be a problem, but you would need some inspection to determine that – or maybe just jumping up and down on the spot would do…

Jamie
    Free Member

And why do fools fall in love?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Skins or 2XU bibshorts??’ is closed to new replies.