Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Skins base layers, worth it??
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Needing some new base layers for snowboarding this season so I’m looking at the S400 or SNOW range, think they are the same.

So are the Skins range worth the premium they command or would I be better saving my cash with some simpler base layers like Helly Hanson or the likes

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very diff to HH – one plain base layer (and still the best), the other compression. I have old style skins tights for running and recovery and they are great. never bothered with compression for upper body. If its mainly for warmth, why pay the premium?

scaredypants

would they make me look less of a chubber at the apres-ski disco ??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grantyboy
    Free Member

I’m the sweaty top off dancin guy giving it big disco shapes to euro techo, so I doubt they’re going to help me there.

I was thinking the correct Skins choice could also double over into my trail running and MTB for the winter months

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Best value for money baselayers I have bought are one of Decathalons own, slightly fuzzy on the inside and sheer finish outer, very comfortable and at 7quids you can get a couple.

northdownsouth
    Free Member

I have some of the “sport” ones which I use for absolutely everything from skiing, MTB, running and rugby. They aren’t that different to cheaper brands, but are still going strong after 4 years of regular use, so you get what you pay for in the long run!

My skins compression gear seems to stay damp longer than my merino base layers. For that reason I tend to not use them skiing. Also the merino doesn’t smell as bad most the time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Skins for recovery, Odlo for base layer warmth and sweatmoisture management.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Skins base layers, worth it??’ is closed to new replies.