• This topic has 28 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Skills training
  • granny_ring

Anyone done any of the Gorrick skills training at Swinley, or any of the Get mountain biking courses at Woburn?

Gorrick

Get mountain biking

Looking to get some training at some point and any feedback on either of these would be great.

Thanks in advance.

thomthumb
    Free Member

try http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/ at woburn.

jedi/ tony is a top chap and ace coach. i’m sure he’ll be along soon.

granny_ring

Yeah I’ve been in touch with Tony and got the info re his courses thanks, they sound good. Just wanted to check out the thoughts of the Gorrick training at Swinley in particular as it might be easier for me to get to.

Anyone?

santac
    Free Member

granny_ring have you still got them MX comps for sale?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

+1 for Jedi. Best bit of money I’ve ever spent on mountain biking.

toys19
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the get mountain biking one..

robinbetts
    Free Member

+2 for Jedi, again best money I’ve spend. We drove from cardiff and with traffic took us over 5 hours to get there, and still well worth it!

timpol
    Free Member

Go the extra distance for Tony. The best there is out there by far.

granny_ring

Would it be better to start with a couple of group skills days first then a 1:1 course, or the other way round?
    Are there many per group with Tony, all similar abilities? Thinking that I’d be best to start on the blue grade as my fitness will be pretty poor and confidence/ability low compared to a few years ago. 🙄

Funds are slightly limited so want to get the best out of it as I can.

Cheers

Still no Gorrick?

popstar
    Free Member

+3 for Jedi.

You don’t have to be fit, as skillz course is easy fittnes wise. Mental wise, it’s a different story.

Group or 1-2-1 it all depends on you really. I had 1-2-1 though, … I wanted all attention I could get hence the price.

Don’t think Jedi teaches the way for you to come back to him again, he will insert basic skillz into you first, then fine tune via e-mail if you start to struggle in some aspects. Unless if you want to be freeriding god with all tricks, then think one 1-2-1 session will improve your riding big time. Even then, Jedi does teach you -progressive/new generation way- you will notice, MTB will open up like a new world to you. You will be able to answer all your MTB questions in the world, once those skilllz are installed in you.

RichJJ
    Free Member

I’ve done the Get Mountain Biking one and intend doing another, you can even use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers 4x the value.

jedi

thank you for the recommend guys. keep your riding updates coming too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i did ukbike skills as a pair. the session was tuned to us as two individuals.

i went with a riding buddy – which helps us to continue learning together.

toys19
    Free Member

We travelled to woburn in a four from devon, stayed in a pub nearby had a brilliant curry on the friday. On The sat, a day with Tony just the four of us has transformed my riding. I am resistant to hype and fashion but just spend the money/time on going to see Tony and you will be thrilled with the results.

granny_ring

All sound good so far 😀

Bit surprised that no feedback on the Gorrick training though!

robinbetts
    Free Member

Maybe that’s telling you something…?

granny_ring

Yep maybe 😀

glenp
    Free Member

Don’t forget that the majority of people doing skills courses have never even heard of STW…

jedi

eh?

granny_ring

Tony ygm 😀

jedi

i look forward to working with you 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Jedi has that name for a reason…

granny_ring

Good luck Tony you’ll need it 😀

jedi

Lol@luck! 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

what…. tony?

myheadsashed

He’s short green with pointy ears, speaks funny – it’s all the naga he eats 😳

jedi

Naga is food of the gods. 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

A friend had a 1 2 1 with jedi and said he came away very happy
    and worth the money.

jedi

grantway, who was it?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Skills training’ is closed to new replies.