Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Skiing Short Breaks
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Hello, anyone recommend a good company that does short ski breaks to the Alps, four of five days sort of thing?

Lots showing up when I google, but always good to get some recommendations.

johndoh
    Free Member

Home

Do short breaks

TheDTs
    Free Member

Ski Solutions have been good. it is basically a made to measure service.
    Except the time they forgot to tell the hotel we would be arriving at past midnight.
    Hotel locked up everyone in bed, cue absolutely trollied waitress rolls out of bar opposite and runs of to find a key. It all worked out in the end!
    We looked and out of high season you couldn’t do it any cheaper if you DIY.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Do you need a company? Books some flights, book a hire car, book a hotel. Done it lots of times now for short breaks. Works out pretty cheap and is very flexible to allow maximum skiing time.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Tricky bit is finding places that aren’t block booked out for a whole week for travel agents & web booking sites. There is airbnb though, but I’m not sure I’d trust it for a foreign holiday. There’d be no guarantees with it.

Flights and transfer/car is no problem though.

scuttler

bookmarked

geoffj

We did a 5 day trip to Sestriere in January with Crystal which was just fine.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I did a lot if these usually self organised (ie hotel) but a good way is to book flights for dates you want and then see what last minute deals you can find with companies for unsold weeks. Note this usually means leaving on their changeover say (Sat) but some companies do Sundays. IME its easier to do in quiet weeks in say Jan when places aren’t sold out

vinnyeh

DIYing it myself this year, family commitments already at half term holidays: I’ve two sets of flights booked at the moment, but only one break fleshed out- LTN-GVA , out first flight Saturday, back late flight Monday, £62.
    Car is £90 for 3 days, 2 refundable nights booked in at Ibis Sallanches for £100-hedging my bets here but if something better comes up location snow and price wise, then I can drop it, at the moment it’s handy enough for a few areas. I’m hoping there’s decent snow at Les Gets, buy the £50 weekend pass for Morzine/Les Gets whichll be fine for me for two days early season, then wing it,depending on conditions, for the last day. Hopefully less than 400 which for 3 days travelling solo is fine by me.
    Other flight is to Munich, which is a total unknown to me, thinking skiwelt for 3 days.

jimdubleyou

Other flight is to Munich, which is a total unknown to me, thinking skiwelt for 3 days.

You can get coach day trips from Munich (we did one at New Years a few years back) which were pretty good value. I’m sure the firms will do longer trips too.

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers guys, much appreciated. Will check out a few of these. May well end up just doing it ourselves as four going so cheap to hire a car. My preference would be for a week, but this is the second ski holiday I’ll be bouncing MrsKenny into, and she doesn’t even really want to go on the first one!

jairaj

Used skiweekends.com twice earlier this year, once for 4 day trip the the other for a full week. They offer plenty of flight options so you can maximise the ski time.

I think they are catered more for smaller groups arriving more frequently through out the day rather than the bigger companies who fill one entire plane and thats it for the day.

The full week trip was doubly good as we did a Monday to Monday trip, so got to ski both days on the weekend when everyone was being transferred so the slopes were empty and also got to ski on the last Monday it self as the flight was in the evening and not stupid o’clock in the morning.

cheers_drive

Skiweekends.com here too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Skiing Short Breaks’ is closed to new replies.