Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Skiing recommendations
  • martinp
    Free Member

Having not skied since leaving school 30 odd years ago, planning on taking the wife later this year. She’s never skied but is keen to try.
    So where is best to go? Switzerland seems a bit expensive but Austria, Bulgaria for example seem a bit cheaper although obviously the skiing and location is more important for first timers than the cost.
    Any experiences or recommendations much appreciated.

martinp
    Free Member

Thanks Captain, didn’t spot that but looks like the perfect source of info’.

Bunnyhop

Also try snowheads.com.
    Any questions about skiing will be answered. It’s a sort of STW for Skiers and snowboarders.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Wonders who Bunny is on SH….*

wallop

Snowheads +1

Though don’t expect the same speed of response as this place!

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d say the location is less important for beginners. Most beginners are happy to find a run or two that they like then stick to it getting comfortable whereas experienced skiiers need a bigger areas with more variety.

My opinion. France & Switzerland – well established resorts with good skiing, usually expensive. Austria – good resorts, fantastic apres ski. Italy – smaller ski areas, much, much cheaper.

If the snow is good you will enjoy it where ever you go. Italy would be my choice for cheap, and Austria if you like a drink and a party

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*CoughcoughAprèsZonecoughcough*

Bunnyhop

CaptainFlashheart – Member

*Wonders who Bunny is on SH….* I thought you knew flashy. I know who you are, big name changer you?

Bunnyhop

*CoughcoughAprèsZonecoughcough*

Doh! A bit slow here, only just got what you meant 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waves!* 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Skiing recommendations’ is closed to new replies.