Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ski pants for the taller gent????
  • avalanche
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I can get some ski pants with a bit more length in the leg? All the big/tall outfitters assume that if you have an inside leg of 36in then your waist has to be upward of 38in. Mine is 33 pushing 34 after a festive season eating and quaffing ale. Standard length pants make me look as if I have them tucked into my boots and I am far too old to have my arse hanging out over the top. I feel really discriminated against.

footflaps

Mountain Equipment used to do custom lengths – give them a ring…

skidartist
    Free Member

I find 36" leg stuff easier to find in regular shop after going up in waste size from 34" to 36". It seems to be some kind of optimum, because legs seem to get shorter again from 38" onwards. That said most of my trousers would fall down without a belt so I'm probably more like a 35.

So eat some pies, but not too many, and you'll be normal. sort of.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I used to have a pair of Helly Hansen trousers that had an option of unstitching the hem and extending them by 2".

missinglink
    Free Member

i've got a 35in inside leg with about 34/35in waist and got marmot trousers which fit ok! on tele's too so need the extra length as doing all that bending the knee stuff. i know haglofs go up to 36in inside leg but not sure about the waist…

avalanche
    Free Member

Thanks all for the input.

langy
    Free Member

Arc'teryx do long options, but are more expensive. Worth it though, awesome gear.

TooTall
    Free Member

Go to TK Maxx and try a few pairs on. I've had Quiksilver and Adidas pants from there in the past for snowboarding and they were plenty long enough. If you want some nice jey tight ski pants they might not be for you, but they weren't silly baggy.

clubber
    Free Member

As above, try TK Max – I'm not as far off the norm as you (38" waist, 35/6" inside leg) but found plenty there.

Shandy
    Free Member

Rab.

Or anything that is designed for actual mountaineers rather than fat punters.

julesf7
    Free Member

Second the RAB comment, they usually fit me very well, but I'm a short arse at 34/34 compared with you. On the other hand, North Face actually do a longer length version of most of their trousers, but they are difficult to get hold of in the UK. I got some TNF Freedom Insulated trousers across from the States a few years ago and they are excellent, and might be OK for a 36"

oddjob
    Free Member

I have some Nike that are pretty good but were not exactly cheap. They tend to get longer as they get bigger, I have an XL I think and they must be about 35" inside leg.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Burton Cargo Tall?

A bit snowboard style though and not cheap.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ski pants for the taller gent????’ is closed to new replies.