Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ski lockers and hire in Avoriaz
  • pedlad

Mrs P and I are taking our two boys for their first ski trip this year and we’re looking to hire and store skis in Avoriaz. Can anyone tell me if there are public lockers for hire anywhere near the top of the prodains lift plus any recommendation for hire shops?

Much appreciated.

nickjb
    Free Member

The point of avoriaz is that it’s literally right in the middle of the ski area. Most hotels should be near a slope/lift and have a locker. Not sure about shops but it’s usually cheaper to book in advance online.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As per @nickjb – all accommodation should have lockers and online booking can save a lot even with the shops in the resort. Online budget places can be very cheap but perhaps a little further afield although everything in Avoriaz is right there tbh

cchris2lou

going to avoriaz too this year , and you should be able to leave skis and shoes and the shop where you hired them .

pedlad

For context we’re staying at my mates in morzine next to the bus stop to prodains. With little kids his recommendation was to hire and leave the kit at Avoriaz rather than tramp through morzine to the lifts…

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s a reasonable plan, however, what if you want to ski somewhere else?

Pleney or supermorzine are both really easy to get to from where you are staying, and both good areas for kids.

Would be a pain to have to go to the same place every morning and not have the freedom to change your mind or have any variation.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP not sure what time of year you are going but the “kids and family” skiing in Morzine and Les Gets is good. Avoriaz is good for snow conditions as its higher.

dashed
    Free Member

Depends where your mate’s place is. If it’s on the road up to Prodains then your plan is probably a wise one. But as others have said, if you’re in Morzine itself then don’t restrict yourself to slogging up to Prodains every morning. Super Morzine or Pleney give easy access to good skiing (conditions dependent). There’s also the little road train thing that takes you across town if you don’t want to walk between lifts. Or if the Prodains bus stops outside then it will run the other way back into Morzine and stop at the lifts there. FWIW, we try and avoid Avoriaz if we can as it can be a bit of a bottle neck getting through a few of the lifts and is generally the only place you’ll have long queues in the area, even when there is good snow.

nemesis
    Free Member

Any good suggestions for where to hire in Avoriaz? I’ve looked at Intersport and somewhere else that I now forget the name of which was slightly cheaper (after skis, boots, helmets, probably intermediate level)

Our hotel is right on the slope so we’re assuming we’ll just leave the kit in the hotel ski lockers.

cchris2lou

last year i used Alpinresorts, and you can choose a few shops depending on where you re staying .

nickjb
    Free Member

The top of the Super Morzine has been improved and is great for beginners and kids so maybe limiting yourself to going up the Prodains isn’t a great plan. You should be able to get a bus to Plenney and to the bubble for Linderets from your side of Morzine, too. If you do use a locker in Avoriaz then you will need to take the lift down as well which would be annoying if the snow was good. Although, minor tip, if you are taking the Prodains lift down then stand at the front as it goes over the edge.

pedlad

Good tips everyone thanks. My smallest is a small 7yr old total beginner (although we are doing some starter sessions at the dry slope) so it’s operation make sure they enjoy it want to go again as I’ve missed skiing a lot in the last few years. So my thinking is that removing pretty much all the hiking with skis for them will help even if it constrains us a bit at the end of the day (I’ll be skiing back down via a few extra runs with my mate if I can get Mrs P to take the boys in the lift :wink:)

Probably putting the boys in ski school for half of each day so we will get to explore chatel / linderets etc. the greens and easy blues around Avoriaz (including going down towards super morzine and lifts back up) will be plenty for boys I feel for the five days skiing we have.

pedlad

Nemesis I booked skis and boots for them today and inter sport seemed to be running good discounts if you book in oct with just a deposit to pay.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ski lockers and hire in Avoriaz’ is closed to new replies.