Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ski insurance help required
  • Woody
    Free Member

Just had several online quotes for my daughter who is going skiing with the uni the the end of this week and they seem to have shot up from last year.

Any recommendations welcome but must be from ‘reputable’ firms.

Thanks

mugsys_m8

Have you conisidered getting insurance as part of the lift pass? In europe it’s usually about 2 or 3 euro’s per day on top of a day lift pass. Just buy it at the pass booth. Won’t get travel insurance though.

Otherwise I’ve used Snowcard and BMC (British Mountaineering Council. Never had to claim though.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

I’ve used Dogtag for cycling after recommendation on here, again, not had to claim thankfully but they were well priced, easy to use and efficient, with the added bonus that you get a cool looking dogtag. Yes I am that sad!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Woody
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at those (quite fancy a dogtag too :-)) but it needs to be full travel cover as judging by the ‘entertainment’ itinerary it’s going to be carnage from the off 😯

Ski club GB wanted nearly £50, best I’ve seen so far covering luggage/off-piste etc is £18.50 which seems pretty good.

stravaiger
    Free Member

Just booked Snowcard – most straightforward site I looked at and not loads of small print exclusions

Always nervous when they want you to stipulate on/off -piste for instance – what happens if she cuts corners outside the marked piste – snowcard is quite clear you are covered whatever

£18.50 sounds cheap tho – we were £70 for both

Worth looking at Carre Neige – if in France anyway – by all accounts it is the least hassle if things go pear shaped on the slope cos its the one the rescue service recognise and about 3euro a day

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

After having used Snowcard for the last 10 years and having 2 members of the party having to use them, I couldn’t recommend them highly enough… All medical expenses covered, plus one change of flights (upgraded to Air Canada First Class and transfers to and from airports at both ends) One of the bills was over £25,000.

antigee

have you looked at annual policies? more money up front but if she has a week or two away in the summer it works out cheaper – we use Atlasdirect

nickjb
    Free Member

Second the annual policies.

Insure and go are cheap. M&S are pretty good and cover off piste.

nbt

I use Direct travel for my annual policy covering ski trips, no hassles getting a payment to cover the doctors bills when Mrs NBT fell ill on the last trip

nbt

*edit to remove double post*

bleeding rubbish BB implementation, think about how people use the site – I have one window per thread open, so it;s quite feasible I’ll post several replies in a very short period of time….

MRanger156
    Free Member

Insure and Go – Cheap and reputable (I know poeople that have claimed and had no probs). Used DogTag which is good but Insure and Go is cheaper. If you get the Card Neige (the one with the lift pass) I doubt it will cover things like money and luggage.

Woody
    Free Member

Cheers

Complete Ski seem to offer a good deal at £15.99 – any experiences ?

donald
    Free Member

I always use snowcard.

NotoriousP.I.D
    Free Member

First post! Wanted to join up and clear something up as some of the posts here are misleading.

Carte Neige is NOT a substitute for travel insurance. Essentially Carte Neige is a recovery service like the AA – it entitles you to recovery from the mountain to the nearest medical facility by whatever transport is necessary – ambulance, helicopter, trailer behind a ski patroler.
    It does NOT cover any other expenses.

And yes your travel insurance probably covers your recovery from the mountain, but you will need to pay up front and claim back – when my friend bust his collar bone practically the first thing the ski patroller asked him was “do you have a credit card?”.
    I get the Carte Neige every time as I feel the no questions asked convenience factor is worth the extra few euros.

So in summary, Travel insurance = essential, carte niege = nice to have.

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Decided to go with Complete Ski in the end. £15.99 which appears to cover all the bases.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ski insurance help required’ is closed to new replies.