Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Ski helmets… anyone use one?
  • Weasel
    Free Member

I popped down to Lidl and got one today, and some nice cheap dark chocolate and assorted puddings – rude not to.

simon_g

I never used to, but got a cheapo Planet X one a few years back, mostly to avoid the nasty hire ones at the snowdomes. Took it with me on the last couple of trips and didn’t find a reason to not wear it.

If you wear goggles a lot, you can’t lose them with a helmet (well, as long it has the little retainer strap at the back). Keeps your head and ears warm too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Used one for about ten years. Current one from Aldi. Very good.

GrahamS

All that effort dredging up a three month old thread and he messes up the spammy link in his reply 😆

{Previous post removed as it stepped over a line in respect of our advertising stance – Mod}

DezB
    Free Member

Who? 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I use a Poc BMX/Skate helmet for boarding. I wear it about 50% of the time. I think proper ski helmets are too hot and too expensive. I can use this on the bike too.

Ideally I’d have a TSG superlight, but I didn’t find one in a nice colourway last year.

bazzer
    Free Member

I wear a Giro helmet and it feels odd skiing without one now.

On piste I wear it because of other people hitting me and off piste because there are rocks and trees to hit !!!

montarius
    Free Member

Yes I wear one, I see them as an essential peice of kit. Took a bad fall on a black run last year and landed directly on my head, helment took a beating and I was fine after 24 hours… Conditions were very poor and landed directly on solid ice.

Dread to think what might have happened if I wasnt wearing it…

*I wear a Red Trace helment, good for people with huge noggins 😉

GrahamS

Dread to think what might have happened if I wasnt wearing it…

Oooh ooh I know: You wouldn’t have gone on the black run in the first place because you were missing “an essential peice of kit”?

😉

ocrider

I use a Poc BMX/Skate helmet for boarding. I wear it about 50% of the time. I think proper ski helmets are too hot and too expensive.

Eh? You have a Poc helmet and think that ski lids are expensive?
    The mind boggles 🙄

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

35 years on skiis & for the first time I wore one this year… I’ll not go without one now. More comfortable than a hat better temperature control too

leffeboy

I use mine when commuting in winter as well. Keeps my ears toastier than trying to fit a headband under my regular helmet

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ski helmets… anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.