Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ski Deals
  • thebunk

It seems that they are trying to price peasants out of being able to ski nowadays. I remember when you used to be able to get flights and accomodation for around £400 without too much trouble two or three years ago.

Anyone seen any decent ski deals this year? Looking at Les Arcs in February if possible. Where to look?

Ta,

thebunk

leggyblonde
    Free Member

if you can hack a coach journey, I doubt you’ll beat ski weeks

half board too 😀

I’m off on one of their weekends in Jan, can’t wait!

legend
    Free Member

Plenty along those lines on crystal/Thomson right now. We just booked a fully catered chalet in les2alpes for 570/each. there were self catered deals for just over 400 iirc

nbt

£400 should be doable for early-mid jan. Not a chance in Feb, that’s prime season

superfli
    Free Member

Tignes, les Brevieres with Chalet Chardons for some cheap and cheerful HB deals. I just paid £220 HB for a week + £130 return for a coach. Actually end up with 8 days. Its the lift pass thats expensive.

thehustler
    Free Member

I am going brides les baines 5 th feb £199 per person, uber bargain

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Got to admit it has gone expensive in the last few years. Our hotel this year is £150 more expensive than last year

We are going to Les Arcs at the end of Jan – looking at £750 each. Thats Half board, including lift passes and ski carriage.

We are holding out for a better deal, but unless you want to go by coach or stay at a low resort, its going to be more than previous years.

Best deal could be to get a chalet last minute. Also watch out for self catering deals – lots are based on 4 or 5 sharing . when you add suppliments, it gets expensive

sam_underhill

Once upon a time (maybe 10 years ago) I got a deal on lastminute.com £150 for flights, transfers an accommodation. I’m still clinging to the desperate hope that one day I’ll find something the same. It was a ropey apartment but it just didn’t matter, it was so cheap!

Back to the OP, yes it is expensive these days. If you get change from £1k per person “all in” I reckon you are doing well.

c9tln
    Free Member

http://www.snowtrex.com is very good,can get 7 nights plus ski pass for around £130 give or take a couple of quid,just have to get flights which you can get at a good price,normally less than £100 if booked early enough.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Book really early (cheap flights) or really late (cheap rooms). Booking late gives you the chance to check the snow if you’re at a lower resort.
    I reckon it’s pretty much all down to the weak pound.

scotabroad

Its still a bit early to get really good deals, you get the biggest discounts if you stay relaxed about where you go, do a bit of graft searching for a good deal, and leave as late as possible. The cheapest weeks are usually the first or second week in January. Also sthink about smaller less well known resorts, Italy usually cheaper than France as well.

thebunk

Cheers everybody – Snowtrex looks interesting, will have a look around. Is there anything else like Snowtrex around? Only cos they don’t go to Les Arcs.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Skitraks has some crazy deals for £190 for SC. I just like luxury of catered chalet so will hold out and pay a little moere but nothing like a good bargain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ski Deals’ is closed to new replies.