Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Ski boots
  • singletrackmind

I bought custom footbeds from Cloin at Solutions4feet. He used to race mtb in the 90’s and is a nice guy .
    He recomended me some Atomics for my flexability and foot shape. He had them at £250 , and the footbeds would have been £60, or find the boot yourself and pay £100 . I found a bnib pair on ebay for £80.I have done probably 20 weeks in them and they are lush.
    Got a crack in one now so looking for the same.

Tricky to know what to recomend really . But I do know this . Poor fitting boots will ruin your holiday . They should not hurt, the buckles should close with the force of a little finger push , and you do them up from the top down

Edukator
    Free Member

This thread inspired me digging out my downhill boots and sweeping the terrace in them (oh how Madame laughed). Now sat in front of the computer in them but will have to move shortly to restore circulation.

Getting them on invloved moderate cursing, much hauling on the velcro strap then buckles bottom up (top down seriously ?), three fingers to finally close the top buckle.

I’m clearly doing something wrong (or everybody else is). 🙁 Head Raptors BTW.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

They should not hurt, the buckles should close with the force of a little finger push , and you do them up from the top down

mine are bastard tight to do up, better when the shell has warmed up.

I have to undo the buckles over the feet when on the lift, but I don’t see this as a problem as when skiing your heel is back in the boot and you are leaning forward more than when you are standing, so I don’t see the requirement to have them comfortable and done up apart from when I am skiing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Have those above who like using their touring boots on piste skis thought of using Marker touring bindings on their piste skis? They work every bit as well with DH boots as touring boots, and more importantly offer piste binding levels of release consistency.

I considered Marker Barons briefly but frame bindings are hella heavy compared with even the Kingpin and Tecton. The Tecton has a a new toe which allows for later release as well as having the alpine style heel. All for around 800g. Should be a winner.

As for liners, I got some Intuition ones in my Lange alpine boots last season, mainly to help with the now very sensitive toes I acquired. Huge difference in both comfort, heat retention and performance. Not cheap at around $250 CAD but worth every penny.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Ski boots’ is closed to new replies.