Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ski Bags
  • Kahurangi

Anyone bought a not-absurdly priced ski bag that we can get a couple of pair of skis in (longest ones are 176 cm long I think) and maybe even our boots?

What’s worth looking at?

Cheers :mrgreen:

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I just get bags off ebay for about £20 ish or so. They might only last three or so seasons, but at £20 they’re cheap to replace. I’ve never seen ski bags that can hold boots too.

nbt

FOr skis:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-elite-wheel-bag-400443?colcode=40044303

For boots – well these bags were going for £25 at the end of last season, they’ve gone bakc up to “rrp” now

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-large-ski-holdall–400306?colcode=40030603
    Not worth the rrp, but definietly worth a go at £25

footflaps

I’ve got a padded Decathlon bag, been using it for years. Can’t have cost more than £20.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve just go a cheapy standard one from ebay. It’ll easily take two pairs of skis. Can just about get a pair of boots in there but the zip is quite hard to close and it makes a very odd bulge. Starting to wear that ends after a few seasons but I put a couple of straps around it so nothing can fall out.

stevomcd
    Free Member

If you want to get 2 pairs of skis & boots in there, then get a snowboard bag. Usually easier to shift as well (wheels, handles…)

blurty
    jambalaya
    Free Member

IMO 2 pairs of skis is heavy enough, getting boots in as well makes the whole thing too heavy. I tend to put one pair of skis in wrapped with ski kit and then boots into main suitcase. Just seen @stevo’s idea which is a good one but check the weight as an airline may not take it.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

get a big snowboard roller bag and bung the lot in!

edit – beaten too it by Steveo

nedrapier

I was going to post saying that a bag + 2 pairs of boots, skis and bindings couldn’t be more than 20kg.

Well blow me down, they can.

Turns out you can quite easily have 5-6kgs of gubbins per foot (or leg, not 12in for the avoidance doubt!)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Turns out you can quite easily have 5-6kgs of gubbins per foot (or leg, not 12in for the avoidance doubt!)

I still can’t figure out why ski boots have to be quite so heavy – not lookin forward to the missus going back to skis for this reason.

the big saving on going from ski bags to a board bag is that you don’t have the weights of all of the separate ski tubes etc. to worry about.

Killer
    Free Member

http://www.lokker.co.uk/ski-bags/

I use a big snowboard version of these and fill with skis/ snowbards/ boots.

Watch the weight though. i got mine up to >40kg. (it did have my clothes, a board, board boot,s ski botts, skis and some blades (don’t judge) in there.
    They were not happy.

comedyphil
    Free Member

Has anyone ever had any problem with their ski bag being too large, rather than too heavy? Some airlines (BA, for example) seem to specify a size limit of 190 cm for ski luggage. My skis are 186s, so I figure that when packed up they’re going to be over that limit, although I can’t imagine they actually measure the bags – anyone had any problems with this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ski Bags’ is closed to new replies.