Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SKF bearings – Genuine or not?
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I bought some SKF bearings from a supplier via Ebay. They’ve arrived, and are packaged as in the photo on the listing, but the bearing sheilds have no markings what-so-ever. The don’t say "SKF" or "6000", they’re just blank.

Here’s the page.

I’m still going to use them, but I just wondered if this is normal for SKF bearings?

theboatman
    Free Member

Last SKF’s I picked up from my local bearing shop, came wrapped slightly differently (more like syringes), but the bearing shields were just plain. I had no concerns due to where I got them.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The last one I got were like that. Kinda paper on one side and shrink-wrapped plastic on the other.

theboatman
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the stuff, I just checked a spare in my tools box and no markings on the shields. Your sellers feedback seems good, I’d be tempted not to worry, worst that can happen is they will wear out quicker.

Anthony
    Free Member

For Hope Pro2’s the SKF bearings were £11 each (£55 in total) or £1.50 for the cheap ones.

I went for the cheap 1’s!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I used cheapy ones (10 for a tenner) in a Hope XC rear hub, and they lasted a matter of weeks.

pendlechris
    Free Member

I am in the bearing trade, they do look genuine, they can come blister pack as picture, boxed,one thing you all may find interesting is http://www.chinasourcingnews.com/2008/09/12/32542-skf-opens-its-tenth-factory-in-china/

nickc

Re-arrange these words to form a well known phrase or saying;

Get For Pay What You

Alternatively, like the well known engineering mantra; pick two of three:

Ebay Cheap Genuine

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SKF bearings – Genuine or not?’ is closed to new replies.