Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Skateboard advice
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Apologies if this or similar has been asked loads before. My boy (13) has nailed his balance point on a cheapy Pennyboard style board and has now started talking about getting his first skateboard. I’d like to get him something decentish,(On-One of the board world?) Does that exsist?? Advice greatly appreciated.

timbur
    Free Member

Skatehut?
    Just been looking for a cheap starter for my 8yo

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Mini Logo trucks
    Death Deck (cool, who doesn’t love skull and crossbones)
    Death or Mini logo wheels, about 54mm
    Mini Logo Bearings – all that is towards the cheaper end but good quality stuff. If you buy too cheap you end up with complete guff for almost the same price.

Where are you? I’m sure there will be a skater owned shop near you who’ll happily help you out, better than doing it online and you’re supporting the little guy.

There are different sized decks and trucks, it’s easy to screw things up.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lambchop
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Woburn Sands here. We did have a local store but it seems to have gone dark.

butcher

You can’t get something half decent for about £70-80 these days. Good skate stores generally put a lot back into the scene, organising events, supporting local skaters, and all the rest of it, so it pays to support them.

If there’s nothing local to you, you can try something like Rollersnakes, or Native.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

There is Bucks Boarding Center in Milton Keynes, no website but their store is at 12 Duckworth Ct, Oldbrook, Milton Keynes MK6 2RX

Failing that there are a few up in Birmingham but that might be a bit of a trek

Although, there are plenty of online shops that are skater owned. Big Woody’s up in Blackpool is the stand out shop (has a store as well), spends plenty of time on the phone with you speccing exactly what you need rather than something you’ll pay through the nose for

http://www.bigwoodysskateshop.co.uk/

Haze

Ideal in Brum, good bunch and skater owned from the year dot…

iain1775
    Free Member

Check out rollersnakes, they often have good deals and cheap but quality own brand stuff
    Shop in derby but big website sales mainly

butcher

Sorry, I meant to say you CAN get something decent for £70-80…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Skateboard advice’ is closed to new replies.