Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SJ4000 a still the best No-Pro?
  • manvstarmac

Bought one with wifi for my daughter a few years ago and she’s been very happy with it – even enjoying the fact it’s a No-Pro and not the market leader. Now my son would like something similar.

Is a genuine SJ4000 still the way to go?

fossy

The m20 is the latest.

alric
    Free Member

I hope so, I just bought a £15 knockoff and the qualitat is scheiss.
    I got 2 spare batteries and they fit the SJ4000/8000 so I’m hoping the SJ are good
    I googled this and theres a few good reviewed alternatives, but not so cheap. There is an SJ but it takes different batteries

fossy

I have 2 M10’s (like the 4000 but a cube) and a M20 – the M20 is the smallest SJCAM but has the most features including wifi and stabilisation, but it takes different batteries.

mactheknife

I don’t know if it’s still the gold standard but for the money they are bloody brilliant. A few wee tweaks of the exposure settings really make a big difference. The only thing gopro have going for them now is the waterproofing without a case. But let’s be honest with the use most of use have got them. That’s no biggy most of the time.

Poopscoop

I killed my SJ when the case leaked whilst snorkelling. Was well miffed!

manvstarmac

Thanks all. Merry Chrimble.

kayak23

manvstarmac – Member
    Bought one with wifi for my daughter

What a lovely gift from you both.

rickmeister

The cuboid M10 wifey one is great…

ampthill

According to Techmoans who I think were big in the SJ4000 movement

The Git 2 is the do it all champion

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2016/1/22/the-fully-loaded-gitup-git2-pro-camera-what-more-do-you-need.html

I’ve reviewed many action cameras with each new model (usually) improving upon the last. However pretty much every camera I’ve tested has had an achilles heel, whether it was the lack of a mic input, poor exposure control, or general operational issues, it’s often a case of ‘close, but no cigar’.

Well I think the Git2 deserves that cigar, because I’m really struggling to find anything that it doesn’t do. As far as these kinds of cameras go, it seems to tick the box for every feature you need and then throw in a few more besides.

If you are looking for a matchbox sized camera and the Git2 falls within your budget, I really can’t think of anything that should prevent you from buying it. I suppose you might prefer to pay more for a camera with less features but labelled up with a brand name you are more familiar with…and if so then that’s your prerogative, however I know which camera I’d buy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SJ4000 a still the best No-Pro?’ is closed to new replies.