Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sizing issues short(ish) guy.. shorter legs
  • mafiafish
    Free Member

Hey guys, I'm just about 5'8 with about 30 inseam and am looking at getting an 18" kona dawg which is either too big or just right for me depending on which website you consult. would I be right in saying that iit's better to have a slightly long top tube and shorten the stem than have a short top tube and have a long stem. Or am I just being an idiot getting worked up about a few mm, or for considering buying this bike. (moving from a gary fisher hifi 17.5")

GJP
    Free Member

Hi,

Hard to judge these things as we only have two of your measurements and everyone has different preferences etc.

However, I am 5'8 with a 30 inseam and would consider myself as having long arms and reach in proportion to my height etc.

But, looking at the geometry figures, a Kona Dawg 18in, has close on a 24in TT which I would way find too long unless perhaps using a 70mm stem?

Try before you buy. If it we me buying it for myself I would be looking at the 17in and even then with a 90mm stem it would be as long as my 17.5 (M) Epic XC "race" bike.

scaredypants

inside leg of 30 doesn't sound that short for someone 5'8", in which case you're about in proportion, in which case an 18" kona sounds pretty damn big to me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

If you can't try before you buy, then I would go for the smaller option & potentially have to get a longer stem.
    But, I hate riding a bike that feels too long.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sizing issues short(ish) guy.. shorter legs’ is closed to new replies.