• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IA.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sizing advice on a 2008 Trance 1 – L or XL (6ft 1″ tall)
  • AB
    Free Member

Used to ride a Large Stumpy that felt OK, but I now want to buy a 2008 Trance 1 (4.2″ travel) and I’m unsure whether to go for the Large 20″ or XL 22″.

I’m about 6 ft 1″ tall and like to run a 90ml stem. What do you reckon?

clubber
    Free Member

Probably a large – Giant’s tend to be exactly that – Giant. I’m 6’5″ and my mate’s Large Anthem fits me right…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

im 6ft 3 and i always go for large frame size, big enough to ride ‘properly’ but small enough to have some fun on. dunno about the trance specifically though

shinsplints

6ft 2 here & have a large 2008 Trance.The stock stem was way too long for my tastes though so have fitted a 60mm with some different bars (stock ones too low rise) & now its just about perfect.I dont think you would need an XL tbh.

collie
    Free Member

I’m 6’3” and have a L Trance X. Fits me fine, I looked at an XL and it was very high at the front.

IA

I’m 6’4″ and ride an XL, fits perfect. Giants aren’t very long for their size. The sticker on it say 6’1″-6’4″.

This is how much post I run out of it:

So I’d say you’re borderline between the two. Depends how short a bike you like.

Note I have the stem right down, it would be high if I ran the huge conical spacer giant supply.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sizing advice on a 2008 Trance 1 – L or XL (6ft 1″ tall)’ is closed to new replies.