Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Size Matters – New Cotic Vid
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Judging by the comments on Pink Bike, you are wrong about that.
    Au contraire, mes amis:

Specialized 2013

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but anyhoo.

ahwiles
    Free Member

mangatank – Member

I thought the rider looked like he was struggling to maintain his line at times.

the rider is Swinny, he always rides like that.

(chuffing fast)

Northwind

mangatank – Member

I thought the rider looked like he was struggling to maintain his line at times.

Looked to me like he was going as fast as **** on slippy ground and rather than worrying about sticking to a single pre-planned line like a slower rider would, trusting his skills and the bike to get him through whatever line he ended up sliding into.

kudos100
    Free Member

Not a patch on the rocket one. Probably because the riding ain’t half as good.

mangatank
    Free Member

Not sure what that has to do with anything

Maybe I went in too high there? 😆

johnj2000
    Free Member

Should have mentioned, love the tuuuune!

mikey74
    Free Member

Maybe I went in too high there?

I realise you were trying to make a point about Americans buying alot of 29ers, but that has nothing to do with what I said: I said there were alot of comments on Pink Bike, from Americans, that contradicted your point about them not noticing.

I really couldn’t give a crap if they are buying alot of 29ers.

generallevi
    Free Member

As a few have said it seems to be that some people find it easier to ‘have a go’ than to ‘give a compliment’. Would love to know how many guys who have a moan actually ride their bikes. The lad is a top jockey and he is throwing a 29″ around like its a jumps bike.

Give him a break and get off your sky scraper size horses…..

mikey74
    Free Member

As a few have said it seems to be that some people find it easier to ‘have a go’ than to ‘give a compliment’. Would love to know how many guys who have a moan actually ride their bikes. The lad is a top jockey and he is throwing a 29″ around like its a jumps bike.

So people aren’t allowed to make constructive criticism any more? Why is it, just because someone comments on something in a way they don’t specifically agree with, it ends up with “he must not ride, or he must be a bad rider blah blah blah” comments. Get over it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

generallevi – Member

Good riding, I enjoyed some of his little skids and slides.

Perhaps if he’d been on a bike with fun sized wheels then we might have seen some 90 degree whips and some flat table tops.

barn
    Free Member

Great.
    Small company, big ideas.
    Brilliant.
    Cy matters.

Steve77
    Free Member

It’s fine to criticise this stuff because it’s a pro ad trying to get you to buy their bike. When people post their amateur homemade vids then it’s dickish to slate them but in this case I don’t feel bad at all for saying the riding reminds me of the kind of stuff in vids from 5-10 years ago. I’ve yet to try a 29er but if that’s the best a good rider can do on one then I’m in no hurry to

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Great.
    Small company, big ideas.
    Brilliant.
    Cy matters.

Is this the next Cotic ad?

bigdean

Humour in mtb advertising? where was the science bit, the new technology that will make me both faster and more attractive (now there’s a challange)

If size really matters why do cotic not make frames in proper sizes for people know what the weather is like up there.

True a bit a bow legged manual/ wheely radness, must be a cowboy.

timc
    Free Member

Not really digging the vid, didn’t do it for me like the Rocket one, i actually just wanted to see the bike close up.

That said lot of admiration for Cy & The Steel City film guys making these films, trying to be interesting & different with their marketing, that makes me like them.

dlr

Good video, I would buy one to replace my scandal 29er but for some reason they no longer do it in orange

bol

I was riding my Solaris just like that at the weekend. 😳

While I can count the times I got my wheels off the ground on one hand, there wasn’t a moment I wished I’d been on my old Soda instead. At 6’4″ it fits me nicely and goes round corners very nicely indeed.

messiah
    Free Member

I enjoyed the vid. I’m still not sure if size matters though; which makes me 29er-curious.

kelvin

I’m liking the complaints that the video features a talented rider, to make it unrealistically entertaining, rather a slow numpty like me. Keep riding videos real! Slow riders only! More ponderous line choices please!

toys19
    Free Member

I’m liking the complaints that the video features a talented rider, to make it unrealistically entertaining, rather a slow numpty like me. Keep riding videos real! Slow riders only! More ponderous line choices please!

😀

PS – I just want to point out that I wasn’t complaining, I like the vid a lot, and Cotic. I was merely pointing out that this new revolution bypasses me because I’m a flecking midget.
    Vids like this are what keep you going when you are stuck at work, or suffering from insomnia.

st

I’ve ordered a 29er hardtail and one of the concerns I had was how manouverable and flickable it would be. Then I remembered that I’m just a regular rider with no mad skills so decided that a big wheeled bike wouldn’t under my ability to launch a whole 2 inches off the lips and roots on my local trails (and I guess this is the case for so many keyboard warriors around these parts)

I’ll come back and slate 29ers when I can film myself riding as badly as that…

Nice vid and at least the debate in this thread is better than yesterday’s which argued the toss about the weight of bar grips (ffs etc)

xiphon
    Free Member

Nothing particularly special about the riding, apart from the cheeky Scandi flick?

Sort-of looked like an XC rider trying to look rad, but not quite getting there…

miketually
    Free Member

nice cheeky trails

They’re not cheeky trails. The video was filmed in Hamsterley Forest, which is FC land and so open access for MTB riding.

cy

Calm down dears. It’s just a commercial.

kelvin

I was merely pointing out that this new revolution bypasses me because I’m a flecking midget.

It’s not really a revolution, just another option. Small bikes look better, and still work as well as they ever did, in fact better, because they’ve been iteratively improved for decades. In fact, I reckon, that in part, 29ers only exist because tiny framed 26ers looks so utterly ace in a way that huge framed 26ers never could.

Cy, can your next video start with: “WARNING: This is a promotional video that will attempt to use humour and awesome riding to try and distract you from your daily life and bring to your attention one of our bikes.”

Disclaimer must contain the word “awesome” because that surely winds everyone up, me included.

mangatank
    Free Member

Just as well that no publicity is bad publicity…

I imagine Justin Bieber is telling himself that too.

vertebratetom

Well I really enjoyed that and it gave me an excuse to skive off for three minutes. Everyone needs to cheer up.

Tom. Soul owner and Cotic Apologist.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

They are going to sell loads 🙂

What is diquieting; I had a dream last night about test riding a soul?? How freaky?

I was p!ssed off this morning, contemplating an up and coming shoulder op. That vid has just lifted me up loads; it for me that vid sums/epitomises everything I love about mountain biking fun, fun with extra fun on top. I’m sure they can run the same links with a 26 soul, bit too much trail centre but I still loved it.

KZP894
    Free Member

Had my shoulder op yesterday, hope your’s goes ok Love Tubs. Video looks great, anybody interesting an XL Soul frame…..

cy

“WARNING: This is a promotional video that will attempt to use humour and awesome riding to try and distract you from your daily life and bring to your attention one of our bikes.”

That’s the next full page ad in Singletrack sorted then. Right then. Lunch?

mrmoofo

Calm down dears. It’s just a commercial.

It may have worked …
    At 6′ 3″ would I be better on a L or XL
    I have an L 1st gen Soul – with quite a lot of seat post and riser bars …
    Obviously a 29er is going to be bigger in the same size …

PS – I never knew they made an XL Soul!

_tom_
    Free Member

I thought it was a fun video but he’s clearly got the skills to be that radtacular on any bike.

Very clever editing though, I didn’t see a single exploding wheel.

dlr

Cy: Are you going to make it in Orange again at some point? cheers

cy

mrmoofo – Our bikes are designed to have plenty of seatpost sticking out. Keeps the top tube out of the way. If you’re happy and comfy on your large Soul, then get a large Solaris. They’re 10mm longer reach, so you may need a slightly shorter stem, and you’ll almost certainly need flat bars instead of risers. Do those things and the fit will be almost identical to your Soul. If you feel a bit cramped on your Soul, get the XL. I’m 6ft 3in and have been perfectly happy riding both, but my personal bike is a large as that’s my preference.

dlr – Not in the plan to do orange again. They sold really, really slowly on the Solaris for some odd reason, but the green we can barely keep in stock. Might do orange instead of blue at some point.

dlr

ok cheers for the reply 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

cy will a 29er fit a 5 ft 5 podge with a 26.5 inside leg? I like a low top tube, and my xs BFe fits great..

jezandu
    Free Member

If I could ride Hamsterley trails as fast as that guy on my 29er I’d be chuffed. Somehow don’t think buying a Solaris will make me any better! Still enjoyed the video, I’m off to practise/crash lots…..

grum
    Free Member

Definitely one of the nicer looking 29ers I’ve seen and a nice video with decent riding – not sure where all the hate comes from. The concept is pretty cheesy but so what?

cy

If you’re on an xs bfe I would stick with that. You will fit on the small Solaris, but it will be a totally different kind of bike to your bfe for you. It will be great for crossing maps in speed and comfort but you won’t be able to move ir around as easily as your 26″ bike. That’s the trade off when you’re on the shorter end of things. For tall guys like me there’s not this issue as we have long enough levers to chuck the bike around. If you something a little lighter than your bfe then have a think about getting a Soul. We do that in xs now. Drop me a line if you want to talk it through some more.

Toasty

Max Rocket size 19.3″? Hand built in Lilliput? Bigger is better apparently. Were there a 21″ I’d have had a real hard time deciding between that and my 22″ Five.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Size Matters – New Cotic Vid’ is closed to new replies.