Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Size Matters – New Cotic Vid
  • mmel
    Free Member

Just though I’d draw your attention to this new vid from Cotic.

I like!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lszlJgPlo[/video]

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

yeah me too, saw it earlier

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cy’s matters?

kayak23

Rad..

mangatank
    Free Member

Cotic’s slide down the Cool Wall begins in earnest I see.

mrmoofo

The point is?
    Perhaps explains the ever increasing price of Cy’s frames ….

mikey74
    Free Member

A) Where were the rock gardens?
    B) I thought he looked pretty ungainly on that. Good skills to make the best of it though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He didn’t look like he was having anywhere near as much fun as he was on the Rocket video, so for that reason, I’m out….

+1 for the ungainly comment btw.

Robz
    Free Member

This really is a miserable place.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Robz – Member

Please accept a full refund etc.

Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, will you? 😉

tazzymtb

Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, will you?

you missed out the ” full of self congratulatory, back slapping fkwits convinced they are the only true forum gurus allowed to comment”

gerryberry
    Free Member

Robz – Member

Couldn’t agree more. No one seems to have a good word to say about anything recently.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Great fun nice cheeky trails 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Recently? As in, during the last two weeks, gerryberry, seeing as that’s how long you’ve been here….

Unless, of course, you mean in a previous log in life of something.
    😉

gerryberry
    Free Member

Don’t matter how long i’ve been here. Do i need to earn my right to comment? Just because i’ve not logged in much, doesn’t mean i don’t read.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fair enough, just thought it a valid observation! No offence intended, etc.

Robz
    Free Member

Don’t forget much of the miserableness probably stems from bitterness relating to an inability to ride a bike anywhere near as well as the chap in the video. It’s understandable really.

Robz – member since ages ago thus qualified to comment.

gerryberry
    Free Member

No worries. None taken. Just seems to be a lot of sarcasm and such. Not in a friendly way, but it may just be me. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

. Just seems to be a lot of sarcasm and such.

Oh, really? Does there? You reckon?

😉

mikey74
    Free Member

So what is wrong with pointing out that a video that starts off talking about rock gardens didn’t feature one single rock garden?

Oh, and I did say “good skills”.

… and he does look a bit ungainly on that bike 😉

Getting a little defensive aren’t ya? :mrgreen:

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Flipant negativity pervades the internet. Just read the comments on almost any You Tube clip. I think we are all guilty of it to some extent. I guess, if you dont have anything nice, or useful, or interesting, or funny to say, you log into a web forum 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

Is it just me thinking that they were sitting around wondering how they could market a big wheeled bike. draw backs, ‘not as much fun, not as agile, flickable and gnar as the old small wheeled bike.’ I know what we will do, have a film with somebody that is dead skilled flicking and hopping and sliding like mad then that will dispel any fears they have and customers will be happy to part with their cash again.

Sorry after seeing this video your marketing magic does not quite work. It is a big wheeled bike for oversized giants, people who value speed over star wars landspeeder type action or people who are so skilled it doesn’t matter what bike they ride. Still looks fun though 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmJtYaUTa0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

no way that is a 29er, manuals and leaving the ground? and the wheels didn’t explode!

tazzymtb

can’t believe that a different wheel size for mountain bikes that has been around since the mid 90’s (earlier but tyre supply was the issue in the 80’s) is still causing a fuss like it’s a new thing? It just shows how slow and conservative mountain bikers are as group to adapt to anything different.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Got bored just after half way and switched it off. I like the other vids more.

GEDA
    Free Member

I bought some cheap old skis from the charity shop here in sweden. I went skiing and a guys girlfriend in the lift queue asked him why my skis were different to their carving skis. He said mine were old fashioned and not as good. True but not enough for me to notice and not so much that they were any better at turning than me. Same with bikes. You do not have to buy new stuff to have fun or be fast. If not all Olympic xc racers use big wheeled bike then there is bugger all difference for us mortals so save some money and get a pension or something less boring instead.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Size does matter. If you want to have fun on a bike, make sure its got 20″ wheels.

If you just want to cross ground quickly, get one with bigger wheels.

The inverse square law states that as the wheels get bigger, the fun factor reduces by a certain amount (I think its a quarter)

rockhopperbike

did look a little like the bike was deciding lines rather than the rider once or twice

tazzymtb

The inverse square law states that as the wheels get bigger, the fun factor reduces by a certain amount (I think its a quarter)

the most funnest bike there is

Mal-ec
    Free Member

I think it looks great.

toys19
    Free Member

it looks great but with a 26.5 inch inside leg I’d need a ladder. For that reason I’m out!

sharkattack

I like bikes and videos with bikes in with skids n wheelies n that.

mangatank
    Free Member

I thought the rider looked like he was struggling to maintain his line at times. I doubt the American audience this is aimed at will notice however…

mikey74
    Free Member

I doubt the American audience this is aimed at will notice however…

Judging by the comments on Pink Bike, you are wrong about that.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thought the vid was great as I like to see what might have been had i decided to continue riding after my halcion BMX days as a teenager. I didn’t though, and now all I can do is appreciate the skills others have.

I am in the market for a new HT frame this year, dependant on some cash coming in, and I almost bought into this 29er Solaris, then realised that I am 5ft 8 and actually just really liked the colour.

Going to post a question of my own in a minute as. Have no one in the house who will discuss frames with me.

mangatank
    Free Member

Judging by the comments on Pink Bike, you are wrong about that.

Au contraire, mes amis:

Specialized 2013

Cheezpleez

Nice vid.
    Nice bike.
    Wish I had one.
    Wish I had dem skillz even more.

Burchy1
    Free Member

mangatank – Member

I thought the rider looked like he was struggling to maintain his line at times

He’s riding a hardtail along rough(ish) trails, it wouldn’t matter what size wheels he was riding he’ll always be ‘struggling’ to maintain a line… 🙄

ojom
    Free Member

Great vid Cy n Paul. Credit to your team on it.

mangatank
    Free Member

“He’s riding a hardtail along rough(ish) trails…”

Excellent response! I reserve the right to keep your post for future usage! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Size Matters – New Cotic Vid’ is closed to new replies.