Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Six riders hospitalised after drinking detergent…
  • timb34
    Free Member

…that was given out as a free sample at a Norwegian mountain bike race

I guess 100ml of “Omo Aktiv Sport” would look like drink:

From http://road.cc/content/news/128843-six-riders-hospitalised-after-mistaking-detergent-energy-drink

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

classic!

matt_outandabout

codybrennan
    Free Member

A shame, as I believe one of the 6 was in front, and going for a clean sweep.

tomhoward

Sounds like they really cleaned up.

legend
    Free Member

Q the usual STW frothing…..

solamanda
    Free Member

I believe this has happened before at a UK race.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bet their bubbles burst when they sudd enly felt ill

allthepies
    Free Member

😯 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

A shame, as I believe one of the 6 was in front, and going for a clean sweep.

And instead he will get a clean sweep at the rear.

m360
    Free Member

Surely the smell would have been enough to put you off drinking it, even if it was free!

Cougar

Nor way!

acehtn
    Free Member

Fenwicks used to do little sachets of chain cleaner that where about the same size and similar glossy packing as energy gels……

Someone picked the Fenwicks by error, ripped it open, think they got part of a mouthfull down then back up again 🙂

The chain cleaner was quite fruity smelling 🙂

Bregante

Surely the smell would have been enough to put you off drinking it, even if it was free!

Oh I don’t know. With the price of energy drinks nowadays, not everyone can afjord them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Let’s hope they get a clean bill of health.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Pffft, drugs cheats will do anything to avoid detection..

tomhoward

Wonder if they will become west ham fans?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDaEmlnBl8k[/video]

gee
    Free Member

It happened at a UK event where a chain lube manufacturer made small samples in packs that looked like gels.

Darwinism in action.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve seen the same done with this;

chrishc777
    Free Member

I left some Fenwicks concentrate in an ice tea bottle at my dad’s house, he ended up in hospital.

LoCo
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart 😯

prawny

Better before than after

Scapegoat

Mate of mine drank Harpic by mistake and went clean round the bend.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

should have stuck to spinning

Mikeypies
    Free Member

The dragon ride did the same and you can see why it happened lack of thinking by the organiser

qwerty
    Free Member

I clicked your link, but i don’t think it tells the whole truth about what happened, never mind though, it’ll all come out in the wash.

jameso

About as dumb as getting savlon and toothpaste tubes mixed up in the dark.. Could have been worse though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lack of thinking by the organiser

Bullshit. Lack of thinking by the asshat sportivists and raphaites. The same idiots who buy 3k bikes but have no idea how to set them up or look after them.

Don’t blame the organisers. Blame the idiots who can’t, or won’t, read the label.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

OMO 😮

shedfull
    Free Member

The bottle might have been clearly labelled….but in Norwegian. I believe there were a number of competitors from other countries, the UK included. And it is called “Active Sport”.

But surely anyone entering a race would wear their own kit and consume their own nutrition yet I’m always amazed by the number of people who wear the race official T-shirt/jersey they bought at signon or the Expo the day before and who buy gels and drinks they’ve never tried before to use in the race. So, consuming all the stuff in the goodie bag is probably just an extension of that.

I pity the poor bloke who’s washing all his kit with the contents of a gel sachet.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

didnt charliethebikemonger post something about a foreigner being passed an energy gel during a race and rubbing it on his aching thighs?

Northwind

I once ran out of gels on a race day and ended up eating the free stuff in the goody bag. Shame it was an inner tube and a buff.

scotroutes

Someone at last years puffer drank some brake fluid that had been put into an unmarked drinks bottle.

ndthornton
    Free Member

What does that say about energy gels if your able to consume enough oil or detergent to be hospitalized before you realize.

Rancid stuff

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Six riders hospitalised after drinking detergent…’ is closed to new replies.