Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Six Nations Rugby – Iplayer
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

A simple question hopefully, will the six nations be on the Iplayer catch up service. I am going to miss the opening England game and would love to watch it on the Iplayer later on Saturday evening but something rings a bell in my head that sporting events are often not repeated is this correct. Also is there any website you can see what is going to be on the iplayer in advance of it being available.

molgrips
    Free Member

They usually are on iPlayer. I think the 6N is a protected event isn’t it?

llama

all games live on BBC TV, r5, internet, and iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16658830

it’s not that protected as this is the first year for a while the england games are live on BBC

there go my weekends 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

sporting events are often not repeated is this correct.

All depends on the agreement with the rights holders. MoTD for instance is repeated but only about 4 days after being shown live.

AFAIK the 6N has always been available on the iPlayer the same day.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Permission to get exited requested.

comedyphil
    Free Member

this is the first year for a while the england games are live on BBC

I don’t think that’s right – Sky have the rights to all other England games (autumn internationals, for example), but I’m fairly sure that all the 6N games have been live on the BBC for as long as I can remember

molgrips
    Free Member

There was a big hooha about it maybe.. 10 years ago? The england home games weren’t on BBC. I think they did change that though.

zokes
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s right – Sky have the rights to all other England games (autumn internationals, for example), but I’m fairly sure that all the 6N games have been live on the BBC for as long as I can remember

Agreed. I’ve watched it on iPlayer down here in Oz for the two years I’ve been here. Though prior to then I was always in the pub to watch, so it might have been on Sky a few years back

llama

maybe I’m mixed up with the autumn internationals – anyway who cares!

My money:

France
    England
    Wales
    Italy
    Scotland
    Ireland

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Six Nations Rugby – Iplayer’ is closed to new replies.