Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • sitting on a rock and listening to the sea swish back n forth
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

as the sun goes down, contemplating things, whilst dog runs about the beach..

Proper relaxing! Sometimes it’s good to be human.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Know that feeling 🙂

Just makes you feel glad to be alive.

gusamc
    Free Member

so true

being a lightkeepers son I miss that feeling, used to (*and still do when I get the chance) watch waves, absolute fascination with water, rock pools etc, what a fabulous childhood

this takes me back

wrightyson
    Free Member

In Scotland last yr doing the same thing on a totally isolated beach, but with the faint sound of our kids having fun in the background! Loved it!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s a funny feeling, but then I realise, no, hang on, this is how I’m supposed to feel! the rest of life is a stupid confusement! the sound of water has a real fascination for me. I think it harks back to going fishing with my dad, or hanging about the sea with mates when I was a kid. LOve it!

john_drummer
    Free Member

doesn’t quite have the ring of “sitting on the dock of the bay…” 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m no musician JD, I’m a bit sentimental though 🙂 dog shitting on the bay though… oohhh that’s another thread.

john_drummer
    Free Member

only joking 🙂

I’m 80+ miles from the nearest bit of sea so I don’t get to hear it very often.

zippykona

Shall be sitting on the cliffs at Fairlight near Hastings on Saturday and joining all you lot putting the world in perspective
    Best thread yet. Peace.

Kevevs
    Free Member

peace. but I walked off and forgot the dogs lead. I am a bastard.went back and got it.

CountZero

I’ll be doing this from Saturday for a week, going to bed and waking up to the sound of waves breaking on the beach. B&B in a lovely pub with excellent beer and outstanding food in a tiny village in South Devon. Bliss.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Fully agree.
    We’re off the the coast on Friday for the weekend. BBQ at the beach hut, long dog walks and maybe a bit of bodyboarding. Not been on the water for nearly 3 weeks and it feels like forever.

Kevevs
    Free Member

i didn’t mean it to be about B&B, lovely pub, excellent beer, bodyboarding etc. Just simplicity and clarity complexity of nature. which is a nice thing of itself.

NZCol

I was lying in bed the other night, beautiful moonlit night looking out over tha harbour with the soft washing of the sea on the shore down below. Fantastic. I’d been sitting in the Spa beforehand as well and it was warm and mroe awesome. Love living here.

CountZero

As I live 135 miles from where I’ll be staying, the venue is relevant. It gives me the opportunity to walk along to Start Point lighthouse watching the ravens flying below me along the cliffs, sitting up on the rocks on Start point watching the waves, standing on the little beach below Kate Bush’s house looking at the sea knowing that the next bit of land you come to is America. Simple things make me happy. >8^)
    [edit] or possibly Cornwall, it all depends.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘sitting on a rock and listening to the sea swish back n forth’ is closed to new replies.