Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Sitting on a deserted beach watching the sunset …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Now I have bike-beach-bivi envy!

Just feel a bit too anxious to camp out on the beach overnight on my own 🙁 So if anyone fancies a beach bike bivi in north wales, let me know.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Please don’t Sue; you could freeze to death or be eaten by a sealion or a seagul or something. 😐

I had to sleep on a beach once, down in Sussex. I weren’t happy about it, I can tell you.

My mate woke up with his face right next to a rotting cuttlefish, which I thought was very amusing. He din’t, strangely.

motorman
    Free Member

Sharki – It is a small world, that sunrise pic of my bike was taken just along the beach on an early morning Burghead to Findhorn ride 🙂

Wee beasties are all that eat me during beach bivi trips up here :mrgreen:

motorman
    Free Member

Tonights ride…

Beach…bike…sunset 8)

Goz
    Free Member

We were on Anglesey two weeks ago, beautiful sunsets over Rhosneigr, mind you the first few days it was somewhat windy….but warm.
    Were going to spend the night on the beach for my 50th but the weather was not good and the tides were high, if we had slept where planned we would of been under about 2 ft of water!
    As our cottage is only a short distance from the beach a warm bed seemed a better option.

Sue_W
    Free Member

motorman – that’s a great photo! Whereabouts is it?

motorman
    Free Member

West beach, Lossiemouth, NE Scotland

This is only 10 minutes from my house, not a big ride, but so chilled tonight, one of the best nights on the bike for a long time 8)

Edukator
    Free Member

When we live in such densly populated areas it’s surprising there aren’t more people out in these feel-good places, even when they are only minutes from people’s offices. I live in a town with some beautiful parks with great views yet even at lunchtime there are only maybe a dozen joggers and dog walkers, a few drunks, and a couple of groping couples. The others are snacking in the office or some noisy, crowded canteen.

It would appear the majority like air-con and the madding crowd.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sitting on a deserted beach watching the sunset …’ is closed to new replies.