Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sitting in hospital
  • SaxonRider

So you lot must have upset me pretty badly, as I woke up at 3:30 this morning with unbelievable chest pain and shortness of breath. It was unlike anything I have ever had before. Having called the ambulance, I am now sitting in hospital waiting for a chest X-ray, and for my bloods to come back.

It is unlikely to have been a heart attack, but pretty scary for a while.

kayak23

😯

Hope it’s nowt serious. Good luck.

piemonster

Blimey fella. That’s no way to start a weekend.

Hope your ok

daftvader
    Free Member

Ouch! Take care there…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Must have been the terrifying pumpkin thread? Here is hoping that one massive fart later, you can have a giggle about epic indigestion.

divenwob
    Free Member

Post ride Kebab? Hope all is ok! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh no, fingers crossed for you.

boxelder

Large cat on chest?

vickypea
    Free Member

That must be really scary. Hope everything turns out ok.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Had something similar a while back, rushed to Manchester Royal for potential heart surgery, given work up & told all clear from heart attack.
    Then taken to Bury General & given full going over, told “we can’t find anything wrong but do you know you have a very low heart rate?” (44bpm)

Turned out it was a reaction to too much ibuprofen use (attacking my stomach lining) and a minor chest infection. My heart rate fooled the ambulance machine into delivering a heart attack verdict!

Hope yours is just as silly!

BillMC

Good luck mate but try not to be I’ll during half term

allfankledup

Gall stones?

IANAD

Best of luck!

showerman
    Free Member

hope all clear comes soon for you..spent way to much time in hospital this year. worst bit is your ready too leave but have to get the ok from the doc seems to take forever and always at 10pm.

mooman
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it nothing serious James.
    At YOUR age though ..

Esme
    Free Member

You’ve OD’d on salted peanuts, haven’t you? 😉

jamj1974

Fingers crossed for you. Get well soon.

shermer75
    Free Member

Lots of supportive thoughts heading your way. Hope it goes well!

sandwicheater

Does you poo smell of pear drops. You might of gay.

Hope all’s well fella.

senorj

Get well soon.

allthepies
    Free Member

(bad) Cat AIDS ?

pacef8
    Free Member

Our cat died of that but the vet said it does not cross species. Nor does my poo smell of pear drops . Get well soon.

chip
    Free Member

Hope its nowt serious and your back home safe and sound before you know it.

miketually
    Free Member

So you lot must have upset me pretty badly, as I woke up at 3:30 this morning with unbelievable chest pain and shortness of breath. It was unlike anything I have ever had before. Having called the ambulance, I am now sitting in hospital waiting for a chest X-ray, and for my bloods to come back.

Typical INTP…

Hope it’s nothing major.

SaxonRider

Well, I am back home now, having been treated very well by the dear folk of the NHS.

All tests were clear, so they are confident neither contracted Cat-AIDS nor had a heart attack. The consultant was concerned about the pain I experienced, but I will go see the GP early this week to talk about what it could have been.

I was wondering about panic attack, but I’ll start a separate thread on that.

Thanks to all of you for your words. They kept me good company over the course of the day. And miketually: I couldn’t agree more. 🙂

dr_death
    Free Member

I would suggest it’s unlikely to be a panic attack if you woke up with it… Most panic attacks have a trigger. (unless you were having a nightmare I suppose….).

Usual internet diagnostic limitations apply.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wot he said, a panic attack during sleep ? Is that normal ? Sure it wasn’t a really bad case of indigestion ?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sitting in hospital’ is closed to new replies.