• This topic has 48 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • SITS – Anyone else 1st-time Solo this weekend???
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

did my first solo at 24:12 the other week. my big mistake was sitting down too long and falling asleep in a deckchair! don't sit down too long – don't fall asleep – keep going.

use each lap to visualise exactly what you need to to do when you pit and it will be a lot easier. ie – change bottle – have coffee – eat cake – change jersey etc etc. better than getting to pits and trying to work out what you might want to do.

JB
    Free Member

Just been down to set-up the tent/Gazebo etc… getting excited now!!!
    Thanks for all the good wishes guys… pleased to see there's lots of tips that i'd been thinking were a good idea too so must be right.

Hey Postie, any requests on the food front?

JB

nedrapier

How did you get on, JB?

postierich
    Free Member

He did 21 laps and i think he was 7th in the solo cat and 2nd in the vets,was helping him out with his SO.
    Probably in bed still.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

This SitS was my first solo, on a rigid SS (far easier than a geared full suss last year). I managed 11 laps, and my goal was to just finish, so goal achieved. At the moment I'm even thinking I'd like to attempt it again next year now I know what it really feels like.

21 laps is an amazing feat, Rob Dean putting in 26 even more so!

JB
    Free Member

Can I just say that every bit of me hurts today… just shambled down to the Cafe to inhale a "Belly Buster" breakfast!!!

Big thanks to Postierich, the rest of the boys & my missus… outstanding support!!!

Had I known that 1st place in the Vets and 6th overall was only 6mins ahead….. etc etc!!!

JB

nedrapier

Wowsers! well done, JB!

So you'll be recruiting a Current-Standings-Checking-and-Pitboard wallah for next time, will you?

JB
    Free Member

Hey thanks nedrapier, i'm still a but surprised myself… I lined-up at the Tape with all the Elite boys feeling like "The Great Pretender"!!!

Now I did say… "never again" yesterday… but today I find myself analysing lap times and strategy!!! A live weblink to current standings would have been cool…???

Spud

And Postierich, your words of encouragement on the last combo of climbs before the run in to the water crossing were much appreciated. I did get plenty of beers later before crashing comatose!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘SITS – Anyone else 1st-time Solo this weekend???’ is closed to new replies.