• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Si's vague and uncertain plans for a Western Scottish Stanes ride part 4
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Right folks

I just thought I would give those who may be interested an update, and unfortunately fill you in on some personal issues which are related to me trying to plan a ride!

I was going to be going to Brazil around now, but a job interview has been put back until around mid November, date to be announced. At the same time, my girlfriend suggested that instead of me going to Brazil late November, when it will be really hard to find a job due to people winding down for Christmas, she comes over here for 3 weeks.

So I will be here until first week of January.

I am not too sure what to do now. I have had a right old cold this week, so I am even more unfit than ever, but I still plan to do Kirroughtree once more, and Ae once just to check out the new bits.

I had a few seconds of thinking I could plan a Christmas ride at Mabie, but I don’t think my girlfriend will be up for joining us as she doesn’t ride and is really going to suffer, especially if it is really cold as the forecasts suggest. She’s always telling me she has been in Sao Paulo where it was “freezing” and then when I ask how cold she’s like “14 degrees!”. You get my gist. The wee lass is going to suffer!

Then I thought about a winter wonderland ride at Drumlanrig, and her and my Mum could say go around the castle while we all ride, but that might be suicidal – Drum in snowy conditions?

And anyway, suggesting a ride may go down like a lead balloon anyway, I am not too sure.

I am now trying to make the most of my time here, and may also do some volunteer work, I don’t know.

So I just thought I would give a heads up and maybe just post something up a day or two before a free weekend with the Stane I’ll be riding at.

Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Si's vague and uncertain plans for a Western Scottish Stanes ride part 4’ is closed to new replies.