Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sirius Pipedream – Fork Recommedations?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Just buying a pre 2010 (pre sliding dropouts) Sirius Pipedream and need to get a set of forks, so….

1. What forks are you running?
    2. Are you happy with them?
    3. Given the choice what forks would you run?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

tommytowtruck

I’ve got U-Turn rebas on mine which I leave set at 115 mm the whole time and it still climbs pretty well. I think they will take up to 130 mm forks so some Revs or Recons would work well too. Originally had 105 mm MX comps on it which were a similar length to the Rebas – again, these seemed a fairly decent match.

PaulD
    Free Member

I’ve got a Nevis Ti which is pretty similar.

Initial build was with Magura Ronin 110mm forks and it was a very good 4+ hours ride.

Switched to White Bros XC-4 with only 72mm and the bike is much sharper as well as lighter, but not an all-day bike any more.

Frame is claimed to be optimised for 100-120mm forks.

PaulD

Macgyver

I’ve got a MK1 Sirius. I did have an old set of Pace RC36 pro class but have stuck on a rigid carbon fork (44.5cm Exotic). When the going gets rocky you do notice the limitations of the rigid fork but for all my local trails they are ace. There’s enough twang in the frame and the fork to keep it comfy but it still feels direct if you see what I mean.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. Not sure I am going to go down the rigid fork fork route. I reckon it’s going to have be be trial and error, so going to go for 100mm to start and see how I get on with them?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The pipedream rigids are a, cheap and b, 450mm so fairly slack compared to a lot of rigid forks. I run them on my scion around the lakes and they’re not too harsh.

Macgyver

‘spose I should point out that my bouncy forks were 100mm travel and the steering was nice and direct but not snappy.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Macgyver – Member

‘spose I should point out that my bouncy forks were 100mm travel and the steering was nice and direct but not snappy.

Thanks buddy – I have taken the plunge on a set of Fox F100 RL for it about 5 mins ago, so hopefully the right choice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sirius Pipedream – Fork Recommedations?’ is closed to new replies.